All Wrapped up now, like Christmas.

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by GWAYGWAY, Dec 30, 2015.

1. GWAYGWAY

GWAYGWAY Funster

I have just put a cover on my Chausson to stop the water gathering on the roof and possibly seeping in at the front end where it pools at the joining seam.
    I have never been happy about the way the water stood at this point and there were higher damp figures in the area, not bad but higher that else where, I resealed the ares of the joint last year but still nor happy about it so I decided that now it is going to stand for a few weeks then I should put the cover on and keep it drier. I have left the EHU in place as the solar panel is covered . The gas sealed off at the bottles an everything else cleaned out Just the Water to drain down.ie peg off the tap.
    The cover came from Aldi and is a 6.5 metre caravan cover which encases all of it except the bonnet which it covered with a bit of sheeting to stop the water/snow??? blowing into the front end. It was a cheap cover but is breathable fabric and look well made so I will find out if it is worth it being put on, at least keeps the 'birdo' off the top and hopefully no black streaks.

2. Bertie Bassett

Bertie Bassett Read Only Funster

Mine does exactly the same, doesn't matter which way I park the bugger it still pools just as you describe.....This winter it's in a big empty shed at work, so no probs but I'm thinking what to do when I retire..... Is that an Aldi one off or a regular bit of stock please?

3. icantremember

icantremember Funster

Please remember to check inside your m/h every few days in case of condensation.

4. Neckender

Neckender Funster

My 2014 Auto Sleeper's the same but lucky when parked up at home, as we have a steep drive.

John.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Bertie Bassett

John we have virtually the same van, there seems to be a dip in mine just behind the seam, is that the same with yours?

6. GWAYGWAY

GWAYGWAY Funster

It was a special buy but they do come up now and again I've seen them twice now.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Bertie Bassett

Cheers, Mrs Bassett now has a mission for 2016.(y)

8. Badknee

Badknee Funster

I have a seam on my Autocruise that isn't in a brilliant place IMO. I've started to park it on home made ramps out of scaffold boards to make in run off to one side.

9. Neckender

Neckender Funster

The Same Bertie and if we are parked up camping and we have heavy rain the water runs like a river down either side over the window and side locker.

John.

10. FJmike

FJmike Funster

Water pooling on the roof is quite common, I come across it frequently whilst valeting vans. I do not recommend using a cover for reasons that I have posted before and always advise if you must use them to make sure that the van is thoroughly cleaned before fitting and make sure it's fastened down well to avoid damage. Most of us have levelling ramps, it's better to use these to increase the fall on the van roof, thus avoiding all the problems with covers.