Free Member
Sep 4, 2007
notts
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
since 2000
yes Jim its very good, i used it all the way down and back last month not as many in as the french version but its adequate.:Smile:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I was thinking on buying All The Aires France by Vicarious books, has anyone bought and used it yet ?

It's in the Link Removed section but has not been reviewed.. :Doh:

i ordered it before it was released but not had chance to use it yet.
next year:thumb:.

ps........the GPS co-ords are in one of 3 formats depending on who inspected the aire.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

moandick

Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +
French Aires & France Passion

I bought the package from Vicarious of "Aires and France passion" as a birthday present for my brother-in-law and his tiny little 'eurobox' and he has been singing its glory ever since! Reckon I might even get a Christmas Present off him this year :winky:

Good Value marks from me :thumb:

Dick

Aug 16, 2007
Funster No
Camper stop book

Earlier this year we purchased the new Camper Stop book from Vicarious Books and used it along side the normal French Aire guide when we went to France for our holidays.
We found that some additional aire's were in the Camperstop guide that were not in the French guide and visa versa!
Hope this helps you decide

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
we have purchased the book in anticipation of our upcoming skiing trip. It looks really detailed and really good. What does surprise me is that some great aires we have stayed in at soustons and alike are not covered. But they do ask for reports on other they could publish in the next eddition.

K

Keith Murray

Deleted User
All the aires of France

Have used it so much the pages are falling out, use it in conjuction with the 2 french aire directories and have found some fabulous aires in the english book not listed in the french versions.

May 22, 2008
Funster No
I agree with Keith we use it all the time in conjuction with the French editions some aires not in one are in one of the others, the English one will get better as more aires are reported and published,trouble is the aires are going to be full of Britts.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: A real good point about the English edition is that it has GPS co-ordinates so it makes finding the aires easier.:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Last edited:

staging lady

Free Member
Nov 12, 2007
North Wales in the Hills
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
6 years but caravan owner in past
Yes we used it In November and got some nice aires -one at St Martory excellent ,
Lucille

nozzel

Free Member
Apr 6, 2008
Birmingham West Midlands
Funster No
MH
C Class & RV US
Exp
43 years
Bang upto todate book and now worth more than its weight in Euro's ....spent only 3 days out of 2 months in a camp site.
Vicarious Books is a 1st rate shop. My order was lost/stolen in the post, one email put it all right with out a fight or fuss. Their gps is more reliable than the all French aires disc and you don't need a computor.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL and JUST KEEP ON ROLLING ALONG

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi Jim excellent book, I do have one complaint which applied to the first issue as well, in this latest book they clain 1600 aires in big letters but only 1300 have got any details, the other 300 (20%) just hype the book to make it look better than it is.

Its annoying to look at the inclosed map, decide on an aire in the area you want, only to find that the only details are a place name. :Angry:

Inspite of this niggle I recommend it.

Olley

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Hi Jim excellent book, I do have one complaint which applied to the first issue as well, in this latest book they clain 1600 aires in big letters but only 1300 have got any details, the other 300 (20%) just hype the book to make it look better than it is.

Its annoying to look at the inclosed map, decide on an aire in the area you want, only to find that the only details are a place name. :Angry:

Inspite of this niggle I recommend it.

Olley

Hi Olley,

Haven't bought it yet, does it say whether an aire is suitable for large rigs ?

Jim

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi Jim thats the one reason I bought it. ::bigsmile: mind you its only his opinion that its ok for large motorhomes, but so far of the half a dozen I have used which were listed as OK for large M/H they have all been suitable.

Each site which is listed in detail, has a "graphic" showing whether its suitable for us, but I would imagine that on some so listed, a 38' might struggle.

Not his fault, where do you draw the line between ok or not? Ok for my 30' but not your 36' or only saying it's ok if it will take a 38'?

Olley

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Not his fault, where do you draw the line between ok or not? Ok for my 30' but not your 36' or only saying it's ok if it will take a 38'?

Olley

Hi Ian

It's very difficult to draw the line, fully appreciate that, but some aires I've looked at wouldn't be suitable for anything bigger than a panel van.. but in general, I would say an aire is RV friendly if it can accommodate a 30 footer.. at the end of the day, it's only the driver of a longer rig who can judge if he can fit in.. anyway, most of mine is rear overhang .. :roflmto::roflmto:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back