All the Aires France

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by tony_g, Aug 15, 2016.

1. tony_g

tony_g Funster

Back in June, on my way back from Italy, I gave our old copy of All the Aires France to an Aussie couple we met at Gravelines. They were newly in France and had no info re aires. I hope it set them on their way.
    I had thought that the new edition would be out before we set off on our next trip. Unfortunately, I know find that the new one is not available until the winter. We're off to France at the end of this month and I'm reluctant to buy the old edition so close to an upgrade. Would it be too cheeky to ask if any Funsters out there have a copy surplus to requirements I could acquire? :)

2. Our Bumble

Our Bumble Funster

I have an old one at home but unfortunately I am travelling at the moment. If no one can help I can see if my sister is able to nip around, collect and post for you. Let me know how you get on.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. mitzimad

mitzimad Funster

just use campingcarinfo on your phone or tablet

• Like Like x 1
  4. tony_g

tony_g Funster

CCI is ok but less use offline. Campercontact is more useful, I feel. However, All the Aires is a very useful tool.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. NickNic

NickNic Funster Life Member

Another vote for the paid for version of Camper Contact.

I find we seldom even look at All the Aires now unless we're looking up somewhere we've been before.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Minxy Girl

Minxy Girl Funster Life Member

Why not get the 'Le guide officiel des aires de services camping-car', Vicarious sell it or alternatively get it from one of the large supermarkets when you get to France:

https://www.vicarious-shop.com/Le-G...vices-Camping-Car-2016-ISBN9782358390460.html

Despite being in French it's easy to use and has a LOT more aires in it than the 'All the Aires' book (the title of which is very misleading), we've used one of the 'Le Guide' books for years and find it much better.

• Like Like x 2
  7. pjay

pjay Funster

Tony,

Treat yourself to the Camperstop Europe book.

It has 157 pages of aires and stopovers in France. The main bonus though is that it also lists lots of places for the rest of Europe as well. Handy if you visit a lot of other countries which I know you do. ;)

Its the only book I bother with now, backed up by country specific apps and poi's.

https://www.vicarious-shop.com/Camperstop-Europe-2016-ISBN-9789076080444.html

Pete

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. tony_g

tony_g Funster

:)
    Yes Pete, you're right. On reflection I realise that I'm just accustomed to having All the Aires around. We've been to so many places in France we can probably do it in our sleep! Having said that, most of our time in France now is just passing through en route to somewhere else. Your book recommendation and @Minxy Girl are very useful, coupled with the fact that I have put the campincarinfos and campercontact poi's on to Co-Pilot. Belt and braces, that's me! :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. chaser

chaser Funster

If you have android tablet or phone, try this app, it's just called France Aires and if you look in the store it's the one with a green camping car on it, think it's a pound or something like that but it is just a simple app for finding the nearest Aires to where you are, nothing fancy but it gets you there, never failed with us.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. GeriatricWanderer

GeriatricWanderer Funster

Now back in Sarfend for a couple of months.
    It's about time that book was renamed to "Some of The Aires".

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. colyboy

colyboy Funster

The ONLY "bible" you need is CAMPERSTOP. They also do a good app.

colyboy

12. NickNic

NickNic Funster Life Member

We could have a competition.

Does anyone know of a legitimate official aire that isn't in any of the publications, apps or websites mentioned on this thread?

No lay-bys, wild spots or unofficial parking places allowed (y):D

• Like Like x 3
  13. Jim

Jim Ringleader

Apps seem to be the way to go these days, but if you must have a book I've always found the Official Aires book more up-to-date than others. While much is made of the language that guides are written in this really is unimportant.. Coordinates and addresses written in English, look exactly the same as coordinates and addresses written in French :) And little guide icons of things like, wifi, dog, a tap, a cycle etc even though they were drawn in French are easily recognisable by us Brits :)

• Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  14. Pilote87

Pilote87 Funster

There is one in Séreilhac, between Limoges and Châlus on the N21 which has been open about 18 months - 2 years now, but haven't seen it in any guides yet.

Just found it, using Google, on i-Camping Car, so it may be on other listings.

I was involved in the official inauguration of a borne in Bussière Galant at Espace Hermeline and haven't find that anywhere yet.

J

• Like Like x 1
  15. chaser

chaser Funster

16. John Laidler

John Laidler Funster

So why haven't you submitted them? :) CamperContact welcomes new aires being added and I am sure the other guides are the same.

17. chaser

chaser Funster

18. Minxy Girl

Minxy Girl Funster Life Member

Don't get me started on that :mad:... whilst I really do think they do a great job producing a book that has opened many a Brit's eyes to the use of aires, it does annoy me greatly that many think it DOES contain all the aires whereas it certainly does not.:mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. chaser

chaser Funster

It's ok for general planning if you want to know there will be one there, but certainly, nowhere near all of them