All the Aires France book (1 Viewer)

Oct 23, 2009
Anglesey North Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2010
Some advice pls - just starting to plan our trip to Brittany so getting the reading material in order again:

All the Aires France - Is this book updated every year its reprinted and if so do you buy it every year or just use the previous years copy ?

and one final question where is the best place to find out where all the municipal sites are located - is there one book with the info in .

thanks all

ps any tips on where to start our July tour in Brittany muach appreciated

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
The last years issue was very out of date and many have said they would not buy another one. I personally would not buy another one as I found it to be inaccurate I.E. I only use the free Aires and out of all the Aires we went to 1/3 was closed and 1/3 now charged.

Others will say they had not problems and if your not looking for the free spots you may be lucky.

Doug...

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi wp1234,
As far as I know the All the Aires book is not updated on a yearly basis. I think that an updated version is due to be released in a month or so.

Brisey

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Well - the book is updated every 2 years and obviously there is a time lag anyway so it isn't ever 100% up to date. So you follow the co-ordinates but if the aire isn't there when you arrive you have a wander and look for signs. In the case of somewhere we went 2 years ago, a council workman led us to the new place because they had literally just moved it and hadn't got the signs up yet!

One we went to had been closed by the placement of huge boulders. Another which had rave reviews we thought was utterly vile anyway, and was all locked up in any case and clearly not in use for some time.

And of course it isn't ever ALL the aires - you go somewhere that doesn't even get a mention and there will be signs and there is an aire. Or there may be 2 and only one gets mentioned.

I can't help re municipals. Dunno that there is an actual list, is there?

France is en vacance itself, from basically July 14th to Aug 14th, so everywhere will be very busy, but you should be able to get in some places. Brittany is quite large!

Nov 8, 2010
France 86
Funster No
MH
Chausson Allegro
Exp
Since 2010
As I understand it the last one was published in 2008 which is now out of stock and the latest one is due out in Feb/March.:Smile:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Sadly, there is no publication that lists all the municipal sites.

Best on-line site for aires is http://www.campingcar-infos.com/index1.htm
you can also download Sat.Nav aires POIs from this site.

IMO the most comprehensive aires books are published by the French .. my favorite is
Aires de Service Camping-Car .. France and Europe, (Italy, Greece, Spain, Belgium etc) lists 6,500 aires. ... a lot more than 'All' the aires .

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Some advice pls - just starting to plan our trip to Brittany so getting the reading material in order again:

All the Aires France - Is this book updated every year its reprinted and if so do you buy it every year or just use the previous years copy ?

and one final question where is the best place to find out where all the municipal sites are located - is there one book with the info in .

thanks all

ps any tips on where to start our July tour in Brittany muach appreciated

Hi
All the aires in France.. book...the title is miss-leading .......it was published in 2007 and re published /updated in 2008.....and that is still the current book and the new one comes out this year.
It is a book many Brits use when they come over here and many think it is a good book to start with, now some may not like the book.....some will tell camping cars info...that is fine, if you are on the internet with no limit or large pockets or hotspot....or have the disc and can keep running your computer to plan or change while you on route....... there are lots of books over here in the supermarkets and camp shops
Me I have many books and use camping car info....but we still use the book "all the aires in France"....we have done hundreds of Aires out of the book and only twice had a problem ....ONE closed.....one wrong co-ordinates as there was two villages with the same name!
All we use in France to motorhome are Aires......and covered a vast amount, on some we have just looked at and many we have stayed on, some did not suit our means with the dog (or was dogs 2 now just one) we have just come back from a 4 week tour of Brittany May last year.....doing the coastline again...great..we are out in France about 6 to 7 + months on aires

Its is up to you if you buy the book...................

Mel:thumb:

Last edited:

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Sadly, there is no publication that lists all the municipal sites.

Best on-line site for aires is http://www.campingcar-infos.com/index1.htm
you can also download Sat.Nav aires POIs from this site.

IMO the most comprehensive aires books are published by the French .. my favorite is
Aires de Service Camping-Car .. France and Europe, (Italy, Greece, Spain, Belgium etc) lists 6,500 aires. ... a lot more than 'All' the aires .

The online aires one is good as that does get updated. For instance it no longer lists Trebes as this closed Last year, the site is in French but easily translates with Google.

You cannot expect them all to be good as we all have different ideas of what is good, but many we have visited have been bad, but just as many good.

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Hi
All the aires in France.. book...the title is miss-leading .......it was published in 2007 and re published /updated in 2008.....and that is still the current book and the new one comes out this year.
It is a book many Brits use when they come over here and many think it is a good book to start with, now some may not like the book.....some will tell camping cars info...that is fine, if you are on the internet with no limit or large pockets or hotspot....or have the disc and can keep running your computer to plan or change while you on route....... there are lots of books over here in the supermarkets and camp shops
Me I have many books and use camping car info....but we still use the book "all the aires in France"....we have done hundreds of Aires out of the book and only twice had a problem ....ONE closed.....one wrong co-ordinates as there was two villages with the same name!
All we use motorhome on in France are Aires......and covered a vast amount, on some we just looked at and many we have stayed on, some did not suit our means with the dog (or was dogs 2 now just one) we have just come back from a tour of Brittany may last year.....doing the coastline again...great..we are out in France about 6 to 7 + months on aires

Its is up to you if you buy the book...................

Mel:thumb:

A:thumb:lso the region Brittany has the most Aires per square Km than the rest of France...so you should not have a problem finding one.

Now here is a book you can buy over here in France...or you can buy I think from Vicarious books who sell "All the Aires in France"

it is what all the French use, we also use it....they refer to it as the Blanc book(white book) it is a yearly book and up-dated every year some are taken out that do not pay there annual subscription, and new ones put in.....it costs around 9.50 euros it also has municipal sites in.........it is called..."Le guide National des Aires de Services camping -Cars"........
I should not have told you about this book as there a lot of other people listening to our conversation Mmmmm :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:reason they run out very quickly, and even I have trouble getting one over here ...they are in big demand:winky:

Mel

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
The online aires one is good as that does get updated. For instance it no longer lists Trebes as this closed Last year, the site is in French but easily translates with Google.

You cannot expect them all to be good as we all have different ideas of what is good, but many we have visited have been bad, but just as many good.

Keith that is very true what is good for one may not be good for another...and yes there are good ::bigsmile:and bad:cry: and some very good:thumb::winky:

Mel

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back