LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
How did you manage to upload Excel file? I tried to upload an Excel file previously but "not permitted" message. Might it have been because it was an .xlsx file extension?

Question on your version, how do you differentiate between North vs South and East vs West co-ordinates?

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Question on your version, how do you differentiate between North vs South and East vs West co-ordinates?
It handles a negative sign but there is really no need to convert N, E, S or W as they remains the same. Though the spreadsheet could be modified with an extra column you put the letter in - but would that add anything?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GeriatricWanderer

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso, just cos I can!
Funster No
MH
Pop-Top Campervan
Exp
45years
How did you manage to upload Excel file? I tried to upload an Excel file previously but "not permitted" message. Might it have been because it was an .xlsx file extension?

I haven't a clue why mine was accepted and yours declined - maybe it was my pretty face.

It's just a basic spreadsheet and easily adapted to whatever you want to see - just be sure not to enter data into the yellow cells or you will delete the formulas.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Finally managed to get the time to upload my version of Excel converter workbook to Resources.
Bit of a "duplication" with GW but it does have one or two extra "features".

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
For what it's worth I use Google Earth to find places then read off co-ords from bottom right corner (y) I've set it to give me a decimal readout.
never need a converter or app. Plus you can see the actual entrance to where you are going.

GeriatricWanderer

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso, just cos I can!
Funster No
MH
Pop-Top Campervan
Exp
45years
For what it's worth I use Google Earth to find places then read off co-ords from bottom right corner (y) I've set it to give me a decimal readout.
never need a converter or app. Plus you can see the actual entrance to where you are going.

Ah, but this thread is all about using the co-ords from All Aires which, for some inexplicable reason, Vicarious stick to that long outdated format......... which most users like to convert to decimal.

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Ah, but this thread is all about using the co-ords from All Aires which, for some inexplicable reason, Vicarious stick to that long outdated format......... which most users like to convert to decimal.

Yes (y) having found your aire in Google earth -you can then read off co-ords in whatever format you want.
If I don't do it that way-I set my sat nav to the same format Vicarious use-simples.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back