All singing and dancing campsites

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Vlad The Impaler, Mar 15, 2013.

1. Vlad The Impaler

Vlad The Impaler Funster

Following on from the thread "would you pay that much "I'm looking forward To my holiday in France even more. I'm going at half term in May and keeping The kids off for another week.The plan is to stay with family nr Limoges for a few days then head to the coast and work our way back up.Im going to buy an asci card and plan to use a mix of sites and aire's.
    This is where I would like some recommendations the kids love water slides and polls ,as kids do ,and love a bit of " Singing and dancing " in the evenings.
    So I'd like a few suggestions please.

Vlad.

2. yodeli

yodeli Funster Life Member

I guess you're talking of Mediterraneen cost Vlad ..or am I guessing wrong? Anyway the place we enjoyed so much with my kids is called camping"les vagues". Beach at walking distance , swimming pools of different sizes with waves or slides! Great spectacles every friday, really good enternainments, all sorts of activities for children all ages. Little train to pick you up and go to town , big markets and take away meals there (ame services in campsite) bar , restaurant , aquagym, Boules games, indoor dancing and outdoor sometimes as well....etc.... Very nice place ... and in front of the entrance (well it has been there for years but I don't know now, haven't been there for 5 years now) is a self service restaurant ... eat as much as you want . It used to be 12 euros adults and 10 children , and really nice... this needs to be checked!
    It is situated at "Vendres-Plage" next to Valras-plage!

Of course, This is the way it was when I've been there with my children, and then with friends when my children left home. You never know how things go. It may change owner and become even better , or just the opposite.

Many campsites along the same road!

Amicalement

Frankie:Smile:

http://www.sandaya.fr/web/BEFR/Campings/France/Languedoc/Les-Vagues/Apercu.htm

http://www.sandaya.fr/web/Video.htm

Last edited: Mar 15, 2013
  3. busby

busby Funster

Think you are more likely coming back up the west Atlantic coast as its only an hour and a half from Limoges, long way to the Med. Vendee very nice.

4. Vlad The Impaler

Vlad The Impaler Funster

Thanks for the reply Frankie but as Busby says I will be heading up the Atlantic coast,Probabaly from La Rochelle .

Vlad

5. lorger

lorger Funster

Vlad we have done the same route a cpl of times so will have a look for the names and post some info for you. We used the Asci card last April and did make a difference. Give me a day or two and will get you the info see if it helps.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Reallyretired

Reallyretired Funster

We aren't off to France till the end of May.

Will as usual use a mix of aires and sites on ACSI.

The €16 max on ACSI is for the van the two of us and the dog with electricity, so pretty good value. These can be the all singing sites as well, though we avoid those. A lot of the quieter sites which we prefer are less than the €16 anyway.

7. yodeli

yodeli Funster Life Member

No problem! I am so used to hear Limoges related toToulouse (where I live) as a way to go down south that I didn't even think about the distance from Toulouse to the sea side LOL! Of course Atlantic sounds more sensible :BigGrin: Never mind (friday end of the week+ end of the day+am ill didn't make it so obvious:Blush:) it can be of some use for someone else!:thumb: Anyway , hope you'll have great weather ... Enjoy!

• Like Like x 2
  8. Ed Excel

Ed Excel Funster

An alternative

We did Eurocamp holidays when the kids were younger and the Vendee was a favourite. If you want entertainment for all, the sites are good value. We use to drive to a tent but they also cater for people with their own accomm. They call it Eurocamp Independent. There are about 8 or 9 sites between La Rochelle and Nantes, roughly.

9. haganap

haganap Funster Life Member

Le vieux port Atlantic surf coast....awesome place...loved it for years and years with our yyoung boys

10. Mr Colpot

Mr Colpot Funster

We stayed at a site in Brittany from the ACSI book -
    http://www.camping-les-embruns.com/

Lovely site if you can get one of the pitches near the front of the site - has (small) water slides and is walking distance to beach,

11. rangitira

rangitira Funster

L'anse du Brick just outside Cherbourg Water sliides Pizza place Restaurant, Bar, Beach (stoney) Two Restaunts in walking distance, Belfour up the road, and that place with the Tapestry Byour(???sp)

12. Minxy Girl

Minxy Girl Funster Life Member

I thought you were saying that 'X Factor' and 'Strictly Come Dancing' had combined and opened a themed campsite! Hi-de-hi!!!!!! :Blush::Rofl1:

I assume you've asked 'permission' from the school to keep the kids off for the extra week? If not you'll be in for a good thrashing from the head-teacher!!!:BigGrin:

13. Vlad The Impaler

Vlad The Impaler Funster

At our primary school in Rutland,you ask the school for permission and give them the dates,they then tell you they have to decline your request ,but its accepted that you will go anyway.The kids are 8 and 6 and i feel time spent in a foreign land will be a good educational experience.:thumb:
    If the head teacher did not approve we would take them anyway and mrs Vlad would give her a good thrashing!

:Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

Vlad.