All primed and ready to go ! (1 Viewer)

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
Spent the day preparing the van ready for an extremely early start tomorrow. Its off down to our favored St Austel to chill out for a couple of days then on the ferry at Plymouth early Sunday heading to Roscoff and onward s.
Like all good plans there is always a hitch. Bugger......... Pressed the button to see what the charge status of the batteries were. They have been on hook up since Sunday . Vehicle battery was bang on but the Leisure battery was displaying half charge. Now these displays are notoriously inaccurate so it was out with the Multi meter which showed 11.6 Volts. Checked the charging systems and they are just fine. So a new Leisure battery was requested from the supplying dealers Nick Whale. The battery's are of course not warranted but to NWs credit and after me playing up a bit it was decided a brand new upgraded higher capacity battery would be supplied with a 40 quid contribution from me. The battery cost 129 nicker so thanks to Nick Whales for playing the game. Anyway its fitted now and shows 100% full on the display so I now know its accurate. Something I learned today is that when the LB drops below a certain voltage or the vehicle battery does the same an alarm sounds. If this is ignored the system selects the other battery and uses that. If both go down to low the system shuts down.. Clever stuff.

Haven't got a clue if I've remembered everything but I've packed all sorts of kit so should be ok. Best possible insurances and Breakdown is in place and the vehicle has had one hell of a going over by the boys at DNA Automotive .

Gave the bus a wipe over with a dirty rag ready for the off.................

We had never planned to venture over the water this year. Plan was to get used to the vehicle and go over to Europe next year but the bloody weather has determined otherwise. Feeling a wee bit apprehensive to be honest but exited as well. I think once I driven a few miles and got used to driving on the right it wil all fall into place..

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Looks like there's a bit of muck or a dirty smear under the mirror. Hope your going to clean that off before you come over. We have standards to keep up over here you know

Flamenca

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 21, 2013
Europe
Funster No
MH
Hymer 564
Exp
Since 2010
Have a good trip. I am on the ferry to Roscoff on Wednesday so may see you in an Aire or on the road. Safe journey.

Chris

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi Charlie, We won't be far behind you,we leave on the 1st over to Oustreham then down towards rose granite coast for a couple of weeks.
Have a good one & save some good weather for us.
Terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Charlie

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
Hi Charlie, We won't be far behind you,we leave on the 1st over to Oustreham then down towards rose granite coast for a couple of weeks.
Have a good one & save some good weather for us.
Terry
You have a great time too !! You know what our van looks like so say hello if you see us ! We could end up anywhere as getting lost is my speciality even in the UK ...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back