All primed and ready to go !

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Charlie, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Charlie

Charlie Funster

Spent the day preparing the van ready for an extremely early start tomorrow. Its off down to our favored St Austel to chill out for a couple of days then on the ferry at Plymouth early Sunday heading to Roscoff and onward s.
    Like all good plans there is always a hitch. Bugger......... Pressed the button to see what the charge status of the batteries were. They have been on hook up since Sunday . Vehicle battery was bang on but the Leisure battery was displaying half charge. Now these displays are notoriously inaccurate so it was out with the Multi meter which showed 11.6 Volts. Checked the charging systems and they are just fine. So a new Leisure battery was requested from the supplying dealers Nick Whale. The battery's are of course not warranted but to NWs credit and after me playing up a bit it was decided a brand new upgraded higher capacity battery would be supplied with a 40 quid contribution from me. The battery cost 129 nicker so thanks to Nick Whales for playing the game. Anyway its fitted now and shows 100% full on the display so I now know its accurate. Something I learned today is that when the LB drops below a certain voltage or the vehicle battery does the same an alarm sounds. If this is ignored the system selects the other battery and uses that. If both go down to low the system shuts down.. Clever stuff.

Haven't got a clue if I've remembered everything but I've packed all sorts of kit so should be ok. Best possible insurances and Breakdown is in place and the vehicle has had one hell of a going over by the boys at DNA Automotive .

Gave the bus a wipe over with a dirty rag ready for the off.................
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We had never planned to venture over the water this year. Plan was to get used to the vehicle and go over to Europe next year but the bloody weather has determined otherwise. Feeling a wee bit apprehensive to be honest but exited as well. I think once I driven a few miles and got used to driving on the right it wil all fall into place..

• Like Like x 6
  2. Allanm

Allanm Funster

Looks like there's a bit of muck or a dirty smear under the mirror. Hope your going to clean that off before you come over. We have standards to keep up over here you know

• Like Like x 1
  3. Shrimp64

Shrimp64 Funster

Have fun, you'll be fine, enjoy it, I'm jealous!

• Like Like x 2
  4. Jim

Jim Ringleader

Have a great trip, keep us posted (y)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Flamenca

Flamenca Funster Life Member

Have a good trip. I am on the ferry to Roscoff on Wednesday so may see you in an Aire or on the road. Safe journey.

Chris

• Like Like x 1
  6. FIDGET

FIDGET Funster

Hi Charlie, We won't be far behind you,we leave on the 1st over to Oustreham then down towards rose granite coast for a couple of weeks.
    Have a good one & save some good weather for us.
    Terry

• Like Like x 1
  7. Charlie

Charlie Funster

You have a great time too !! You know what our van looks like so say hello if you see us ! We could end up anywhere as getting lost is my speciality even in the UK ...

8. Charlie

Charlie Funster

Have a great one too !!! If you see us my tea has no sugar ...

• Like Like x 1
  9. davidbaldam

davidbaldam Funster

Have fun, by the way some great photo's of your finger there. :whistle:

• Like Like x 2