All loaded getting more twitchy still. (1 Viewer)

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
All ready and off we go, for a period unknown, onto the Continent with no idea where to go, just following the road in front, down the country roads. I had no idea how much STUFF she can find to go into it.
6 miles to the the tunnel from home for the 16.36 train from Folkestone. We'll find out if the foreign places are worth going to compared to the NO PARKING, NO OVERNIGHT, NO NUTTIN' anywhere, Britain.
I have a dongle, so will watch out on here what happens and report back.

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
If you do not know where you are going you can not get lost. Have fun and enjoy.

Cleve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2015
France
Funster No
MH
Hymer 654
Have a great time away. I will be about 3 weeks behind you.

Clive:france:

taralabradog

Free Member
Mar 27, 2010
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Elddis majestic 105
Exp
Tomorrow night we'll be in the Cite Europe aire. Look for the Fun face.
You have just reminded me. I have printed and laminated some stickers but I must get round to putting them on the van.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 31, 2016
Halifax
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 9097F
Exp
June 2016
My plan would be to go there and back and see how far it is .....

Enjoy

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
You won't look back, first decision Right, Left or straight on.

Martin

Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
Wonderful. There's somewhere to stay almost anywhere in France. We'll be back again in May for several months. Be safe and fret not.

OP
OP
GWAYGWAY

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
We are back next day, a total disaster, We went out on the 4.36 train arrived over in Calais OK, drove off down the coast went passed Montreuil to go across towards Arras. Wanted to park up before dark but then the new Aires book was found not to be present, She had but it in the bookshelf for reference. The Tom tom had just been updated and wiped of all POI's on it so no park spots on it now at all. We found a place to park up on the side of a big junction, all laid out with waste-bins but nothing else. not bad .
BUT during the night I felt unwell with chest pains and arm, I know the signs and was a trifle worried as it is a precursor to an MI. We decide we must come back, and that is where the troubles started. The new EE internet dongle did not work there or anywhere else for that matter,I could not book a return trip. I tried to ring all the numbers I have for the call centre and could not get through to them . The English, direct number I use is blocked from France, the French side numbers I had were not available and I just could not get through. I was feeling even more vulnerable and could not even tell the authorities where I was should I need to ring them. Went through the night feeling bad and then drove straight back to Calais in the morning. Got to the booths and there is no way to get a ticket there unless you payy the absolute full whack, everything is automated everything. One booth with a woman in it would not, absolutely refusing to talk to me whilst standing out side the booth telling me to go away as she has customers to deal with. The lack of a help point is dire for an organisation the size of Eurotunnel.
I ended up in the admin building where a lovely young girl helped me to get a ticket using my frequent traveller ID. had she not done that I would have been stranded there for another day as the deadline was fast approaching. Got home now and going to contact Doctor asap but, told before it would be a week for an appointment. I get the feeling nobody wants me anymore . Maybe ring 101 ,as the cramps are recurring, unless I dose up with a nitrate tablet from the time before bit out of date now.

Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
I am so sorry this has happened to you. Ring 101 they will decide whether you need urgent care and organise it don't wait for a drs appointment.

Nov 23, 2015
Newmarket,Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Benimar294
Exp
Hope you're ok , sorry you had such a bad experience for your first trip .

Mickey.

Tweedie

Free Member
Sep 14, 2015
Northants
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 740
Exp
1 year (getting a bit experienced now)
Don't wait a week for a Doctors appointment, especially if you "know the signs", talk to 101, better still go to A&E. Better to get sorted asap for your own peace of mind. Sorry you had such a bad start to your trip. :(

Alistair33

Free Member
Aug 23, 2016
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
None
Hope all is Ok

My only experience with 101 was a single call when I had chest pains, they wouldn't talk to me if I didn't give them the number I was calling form. As I didn't know it, they refused to discuss the matter !

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Terrible luck. Best go to A&E if GP can't fit you in. Hope you're sorted soon.

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
As they have all said go straight to A&E. We do want to lose you.

May 8, 2016
silver coast, portugal
Funster No
MH
C Class: Low profile
Exp
Boatie for 20 years
Gosh. Call 101, get yourself into A&E immediately and get checked out. Now. If 101 are useless, bypass them and go straight to A&E

Sorry to shout at you, but there is no way you can leave this for any longer, and your health is far too precious.

Good luck

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back