Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
that wasn't in isolation, you have to try everything and you may be surprised. have to be proactive..no good just giving up. say the local press getting involved

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
I think its really easy for fraudsters to get replacement V5 from DVLA...possession being 9/10ths of the law

just go and cause a stir in local police station and get press involved, watchdog, citizens advice, insurers...whatever it takes

its criminal deception...what are the police playing at!!!!
I agree entirely.

It makes my blood boil that the police will investigate an alleged sex crime that took place 30 years ago, when even the date of the incident is vague, and witness's thin on the ground and memories even more in reliable, yet refuse to assist in an obvious case of pre meditated fraud, current and one assumes relatively "solve able"

Before anyone jumps down my throat about abuse is bad, I'm not saying that it isn't, it's the fact that they seem eager to arrest people on little or no evidence and then see what evidence falls out of the woodwork, over a current case of fraud, where there is clear evidence , a paper trail and an obvious victim

And the Police wonder why the Public have little faith in them!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GaryW

Free Member
Aug 6, 2012
Fleetwood, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2012
Its a clear theft and the local Police are just plain wrong in fobbing you off.

The guy knew he couldn't take ownership until the cheque cleared . The very minute he decided to take ownership he " dishonestly appropriated your property "

As stated earlier , get straight back in touch with the Police. Get it reported and get it on the PNC as stolen.

The local cops have been Lazy , unhelpful and just plain wrong.

Makes my blood boil, and i'm a serving Police Officer. ( roll on retirement in 18 months ).

Gary

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
'Reported crime' reduces - because the police tell us 'it is a civil matter'

Fraud ?.............obtaining goods by deception ?......the crooks are laughing their heads off.........police don't want to know......and it keeps crime figures down

Crooks win, police win............we lose

:doh::doh:
:swear2:
I've always found that they are as bad as each other.

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
On & off, since 1966 - fulltime since 2005
there both Ireland?
Yep, Well Wales but ferries to Ireland from both. Tiny ports too so easy to spot a particular vehicle...

Last edited:

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011

The guy knew he couldn't take ownership until the cheque cleared . The very minute he decided to take ownership he " dishonestly appropriated your property "

As stated earlier , get straight back in touch with the Police. Get it reported and get it on the PNC as stolen.

Makes my blood boil, and i'm a serving Police Officer. ( roll on retirement in 18 months ).

Gary
... Having read all that I would be surprised if Dave actually spoke to a real police officer... And that may have been the problem... Hopefully hes taken everyone's advice and sought a police officer to report it to... In any case a report isn't needed to create a pnc los report (10 months to go)

OP
OP
lugnutt

lugnutt

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 9, 2007
wednesbury.westmidlands
Funster No
MH
autotrail apache
Exp
10 years
update....i have been to the police station and explained the situation resulting in it beeing put on pnc and a appointment at west brom police station tomorow at 3pm.saturday night i recieved 7 phone calls off conman. i told him get the money to me and that he is known, ritchie seen him kissing one of are neighbours in the next street who are known to us he offered me a renault van and a car,which i flately refused.I also told him that we have him on cctv from a neighbour who lives directly opposite ()he is now running scared and begged me to give him time until wednesday to get the money he also admitted that the cheque will bounce update tomorrow

Last edited:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
just get him to return the van and lose his deposit for your trouble we need to know who the pratt is so that no one else gets scammed, and we can all be on the lookout for him, he will of course be made most welcome at a fun meet. Long pig roast on the menu.

OP
OP
lugnutt

lugnutt

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 9, 2007
wednesbury.westmidlands
Funster No
MH
autotrail apache
Exp
10 years
been onto dvla to block anyone from applying for new v5c and was informed this can only be done by the police

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011

Careful what you post - unlikely he's reading posts on here but you never know

(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
also told him that we have him on cctv from a neighbour who lives directly opposite (we havent but he doesnt know that)
Dave if he didn't he dose now if he is Redding this forum he is a con man and would suspect he will be Redding this
bill

joncris

Free Member
Jan 11, 2011
Where it matters
Funster No
MH
Rimor Katamarano 12p +
Exp
the police also said if the cheque bounces it is still not a police matter but a civil court matter

That is utter bollocks its a criminal offence to issue a cheque that you know will bounce. Tell the cops its fraud and if they repeat their stupid mantra tell them ok you want to speak to the senior station officer failing that you will make a formal compliant direct to the Chief Constable & the Forces Police Commissioner

NOTE ask a police officer for his warrant card number as shoulder numbers can become reduntant if that officer moves to another division whereas his warrant card is for the life of the job

Jan 26, 2010
Conwy, North Wales
Funster No
MH
Relay self build
Exp
Since 2007
[QUOTE="le ()he is now running scared and begged me to give him time until wednesday to get the money he also admitted that the cheque will bounce update tomorrow[/QUOTE]

Whatever you do Dave, do not meet this,man on your own. Make sure it's in a public place and you have immediate help available.

joncris

Free Member
Jan 11, 2011
Where it matters
Funster No
MH
Rimor Katamarano 12p +
Exp

Gary

Quite To issue a worthless instrument (cheque) is a serious criminal offence which is now covered by the 2006 Fraud Act

Portland

Free Member
Oct 31, 2013
Conwy
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
20 years
These are most probably itinerates they know exactly what to do and what to say. they come well dressed and look the part, they also know the law and how long it takes for them to act. You may well find your motor but I doubt it will be complete and possibly burnt out . The same thing happened to my ex son in law, his car was found burnt out minus engine/gearbox and wheels . I'm really sorry but you are not the first or will the last to fall for it.:cry:

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
years back my elederly neighbors where burgled. dazed and confused they called the police and they did not want to know! I called and said what are you playing at! when I explained that this was no ordinary burglary. He had cut the phone lines to both properties and turned of the electrics. It eventually turned into a major crime scene, as this was the notorious rapist/burglar who was rapping old people and robbing them for years..

Its a long story but I interrupted him, as at times I moved camper to front drive and I would use their drive for car. I drove up at 4 in the morning with headlights on the house, I had hi-vi on as was returning from night shift..and this presumably scared him off, as he did not touch them....probably thinking i was security

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
[QUOTE="le ()he is now running scared and begged me to give him time until wednesday to get the money he also admitted that the cheque will bounce update tomorrow

Whatever you do Dave, do not meet this,man on your own. Make sure it's in a public place and you have immediate help available.[/QUOTE]
only meet im on your terms with some very good back cover IE police.
or some very hard friend's or family just a pity I lived so far from you.
BILL

joncris

Free Member
Jan 11, 2011
Where it matters
Funster No
MH
Rimor Katamarano 12p +
Exp
update....i have been to the police station and explained the situation resulting in it beeing put on pnc and a appointment at west brom police station tomorow at 3pm.saturday night i recieved 7 phone calls off conman. i told him get whith the money to me and that he is known, ritchie seen him kissing one of are neighbours in the next street who are known to us he offered me a renault van and a car,which i flately refused.I also told him

DON'T give him any room to keep conning you Go after the dirtbag with everything at your disposal Tell him he's messing with a crowd of nutcases who mostly want to take him for a walk in the woods and beat the crap out of him

joncris

Free Member
Jan 11, 2011
Where it matters
Funster No
MH
Rimor Katamarano 12p +
Exp
years back my elederly neighbors where burgled. dazed and confused they called the police and they did not want to know! I called and said what are you playing at! when I explained that this was no ordinary burglary. He had cut the phone lines to both properties and turned of the electrics. It eventually turned into a major crime scene, as this was the notorious rapist/burglar who was rapping old people and robbing them for years..

Its a long story but I interrupted him, as at times I moved camper to front drive and I would use their drive for car. I drove up at 4 in the morning with headlights on the house, I had hi-vi on as was returning from night shift..and this presumably scared him off, as he did not touch them....probably thinking i was security

Yeah but did the cops actually catch him

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
news alert!!!! i have received a phone call of the bloke he said he will bring cash and what is the light that keeps coming on in the dash board and can he have a tree month warranty he has got some neck

tell him that's the tracker if he rings back

joncris

Free Member
Jan 11, 2011
Where it matters
Funster No
MH
Rimor Katamarano 12p +
Exp
been onto dvla to block anyone from applying for new v5c and was informed this can only be done by the police

Not true if anyone tries to register it the DVLA WILL write to you, the named keeper to ask if you have parted with the vehicle at which point you say no & DVLA won't issue a new v5 until its sorted

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Last edited:
Oct 20, 2014
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 680 SL
Exp
Since 2014

So glad police have accepted your case now. Will you be able to get them to add this to their list of avoiding action as well?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back