BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
Forget fraud - its a pretty straightforward theft of motor vehicle (albeit by a fraudulent means).
If you get no joy with your local Police to take a theft report and get it shown as 'stolen' on the PNC (Police National Computer) then PM me on Monday with your phone number and I'll take the report and record it and get it on the PNC, and transfer the report to your local Police. At least it will be on the system then.

Oct 20, 2014
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 680 SL
Exp
Since 2014
So sorry lugnutt. I was also going to suggest the special clearance on the cheque. It surely is classed as theft if cheque doesn't clear so should be a police matter. As you are quite near to the address in Coventry perhaps you might see it over there, or is that too naive a thought... - perhaps have a chat with the DVLA and flag up the situation to them, they might be able to put a stop on the possible resale of a stolen vehicle? Citizens Advice Bureau another possible option for advice on your options.

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
I agree, obtaining goods by deception seems to be the obvious one?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
That's terrible news Dave.

Can you get someone to help you put pictures up.
Needs to be on Facebook and circulated quickly.

I wish you all the luck in the world.

Hope you find it soon.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
So sorry lugnutt. I was also going to suggest the special clearance on the cheque. It surely is classed as theft if cheque doesn't clear so should be a police matter. As you are quite near to the address in Coventry perhaps you might see it over there, or is that too naive a thought... - perhaps have a chat with the DVLA and flag up the situation to them, they might be able to put a stop on the possible resale of a stolen vehicle? Citizens Advice Bureau another possible option for advice on your options.
I'd get over there immediately , you never know it might be right , if by the hopefully chance that it is , all your worries will be gone

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
bloomin hell! My vans up for sale thanks for the caution!

dont know what to suggest to be honest. but surely the police cant say nothing can be done its fraud/theft??

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Dave get Richie to put pictures on FB lots of us could repost anything is worth a try. x

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Awful thing to happen, we all think we'd never fall for anything like that but as Dave said they know just how to con someone.

Edit: Yes some neck indeed.

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
Is there any pictures that Joy or Jim may have taken at meets.
If so, get them circulated on here and Facebook along with any other information.
Just wish I could do more to help.

OP
OP
lugnutt

lugnutt

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 9, 2007
wednesbury.westmidlands
Funster No
MH
autotrail apache
Exp
10 years
Have you presented the cheque? If so, ring your bank ASP, ask for special clearance, explain the situation. It might cost you a tenner, but hey.........If the cheque is a flyer, contact the police again. Make a formal complaint. If the police had acted at once, you and your truck might be re-united by now. As it is, it might be in Southern Ireland as we speak.
i have already done this but they say it will take two days by that time it will have gone through

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Crumbs. Keep us informed Dave.... and if he does bring cash, then at some point in the conversation drop in that you are straight off to the bank to put it in the safe box .. don't let him think there is mone in the house overnight.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Lesleyjean's answer made me think .. should it go wrong again ... did you post a photo of your van on that thread where we all put photos of our motorhomes..? Can someone find the link for me please, as I can't remember what the thread was called.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
He's phoned you!!!!! You have a number for him.....get it traced.

Tracing a number isn't easy... they won't give you an address for a phone number .. I tried when I was having anonymous nuisance calls .. they don't even do much when you give them an address of an offender :(

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
news alert!!!! i have received a phone call of the bloke he said he will bring cash and what is the light that keeps coming on in the dash board and can he have a tree month warranty he has got some neck
if you can have his no traced it a delaying tactic Dave

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
aaaagh Trust me. They won't give you an address from a phone number ... had too many scams against me and my daughter where we have a phone number and are refused an address... then when we did our own detective work to find an address and we gave it to the police ... they didn't go.....

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
news alert!!!! i have received a phone call of the bloke he said he will bring cash and what is the light that keeps coming on in the dash board and can he have a tree month warranty he has got some neck

Sorry if I sound a cynic..... but some thing does not seem right or ring true here...

He took/stole your RV and is now supposedly going to bring/give you the money...

Does not sound right to me..

Be careful..

bernardfeay

Free Member
Nov 18, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
hymer exsis
Exp
10 years
Might be an idea to give us all the registration number (even though they will probably put forged plates on it). Also good to have a full description and picture. With a few hundred people out and about with your details on a piece of paper we might spot it even with different registration.

OP
OP
lugnutt

lugnutt

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 9, 2007
wednesbury.westmidlands
Funster No
MH
autotrail apache
Exp
10 years
151.jpg

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Do not believe a word the thief says! Police, police, police. Pester them into doing something, get a picture out to us, if you can't get one of yours get a generic one to help us please, the sooner the better.

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Good picture. Is the black strip a wind deflector or bonnet protector?

OP
OP
lugnutt

lugnutt

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 9, 2007
wednesbury.westmidlands
Funster No
MH
autotrail apache
Exp
10 years
Might be an idea to give us all the registration number (even though they will probably put forged plates on it). Also good to have a full description and picture. With a few hundred people out and about with your details on a piece of paper we might spot it even with different registration.
J805 KRH

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
Just report it stolen..
Attend a police station or stop and speak to a police officer. I have no doubt that an actual police officer will take a report from you.
use brewery dave if all else fails.. If he's not around pm me and I'll sort it.

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
I don't se it on funsters let's get it out there on all the forums asp

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun