All dressed up where shall I go? (1 Viewer)

BBQ Paul

Free Member
Aug 30, 2013
Byfleet, Surrey
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Newbie 2013
I joined the site today and have already found the advice on batteries useful.

Right, back to the title. After a couple of domestic and health issues are sorted, Cathy, the ever suffering star and pickle are coming with me on a series of motorhome excursions excursions of about three to four weeks each during the remainder of this year and 2014.

Good old retirement!

Question, where shall we go to make the best of this opportunity? not too much restricting us. I am sure you guys know some gems.

Paul Cathy and Pickle, the wonder dog

Sep 12, 2012
Wengen
Funster No
MH
A/S Broadway EL 2021
Exp
Since 2010
I'm interested to know about the fly dressing! Do you have to use microscopes to get their clothes on? :winky:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hi Paul and Welcome to Motorhome Fun, now the children are back at school the choice is yours really with the sites a lot quieter, so the question is which area you would like to go, do you like cities /. Country side / or sea side, or maybe forest sites, what do you fancy, lots out there.:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
Ah welcome fellow nutter, sorry, funster my pal does that dresses flies.:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

OP
OP
BBQ Paul

BBQ Paul

Free Member
Aug 30, 2013
Byfleet, Surrey
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Newbie 2013
I'm interested to know about the fly dressing! Do you have to use microscopes to get their clothes on? :winky:

You bad bad dog . Only to take their clothes off, they hate it .
Very good. You were the disruptive kid at school weren't you?

Take care, have fun.

OP
OP
BBQ Paul

BBQ Paul

Free Member
Aug 30, 2013
Byfleet, Surrey
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Newbie 2013
Hi Paul and Welcome to Motorhome Fun, now the children are back at school the choice is yours really with the sites a lot quieter, so the question is which area you would like to go, do you like cities /. Country side / or sea side, or maybe forest sites, what do you fancy, lots out there.:Smile:

Thanks Carol. You're right...so much. We will spend about one month in each county, if we are happy we will just stay on, happy days. Cities, no thanks. Been there, done that.

I was hoping someone will say, wild camping, Northumberland, a must at this location or warwickshire, don't leave that county without seeing...and such like.

I really can't wait to go.

s7ev0

Funster
May 31, 2010
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit
Exp
Since 2009
Hi Paul,

Welcome to MHFun!

As has already been said, there are tons of wonderful areas all over the UK to visit, but there's probably a book you can buy that'll show you lots of great spots where motorhomes are welcome to stay the night...:winky:

Steve :Smile:

OP
OP
BBQ Paul

BBQ Paul

Free Member
Aug 30, 2013
Byfleet, Surrey
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Newbie 2013
Hi Paul,

Welcome to MHFun!

As has already been said, there are tons of wonderful areas all over the UK to visit, but there's probably a book you can buy that'll show you lots of great spots where motorhomes are welcome to stay the night...:winky:

Steve :Smile:

Thanks Steve, I will look out for one.

The truth is there is no shortage of information out there. I shall get looking.

Cheers

grasscutter

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 11, 2009
East Wittering. West Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis i588
Exp
Started in 1980
Hi Paul. Welcome to the Fun. How lucky you are to be retired. Go for it and enjoy your travels.
Good to see another funster in the local area.:thumb:

Last edited:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Okay Paul for a start why not try Scotland lots of wild camping there also the scenery will be stunning at this time of the year, Make use of the local tourist information offices Which is the best way of seeing the local area you are in, the midges should also be much less of a problem now. Rosmarkie could be worth a visit to see the Dolphins, lots of lovely scenery on the Black Isle.

Wales has so much to offer we love Anglsey after going there for years still so much to explore, and Snowdonia just on its doorstep.

I would join at least the Camping and Caravan Club to get use of there CL's gives you more scope for stopping at reasonably priced pitches some are in beautiful locations.

You will find while you are out and about your fellow motorhomes will only be to pleases to share there experience's with you.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back