All dressed up where shall I go?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by BBQ Paul, Aug 30, 2013.

1. BBQ Paul

BBQ Paul Read Only Funster

I joined the site today and have already found the advice on batteries useful.

Right, back to the title. After a couple of domestic and health issues are sorted, Cathy, the ever suffering star and pickle are coming with me on a series of motorhome excursions excursions of about three to four weeks each during the remainder of this year and 2014.

Good old retirement!

Question, where shall we go to make the best of this opportunity? not too much restricting us. I am sure you guys know some gems.

Paul Cathy and Pickle, the wonder dog

• Like Like x 1
  2. simbadog

simbadog Funster

I'm interested to know about the fly dressing! Do you have to use microscopes to get their clothes on? :Wink:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Carol

Carol Funster Life Member

Hi Paul and Welcome to Motorhome Fun, now the children are back at school the choice is yours really with the sites a lot quieter, so the question is which area you would like to go, do you like cities /. Country side / or sea side, or maybe forest sites, what do you fancy, lots out there.:Smile:

• Like Like x 1
  4. wasp

wasp Funster

Ah welcome fellow nutter, sorry, funster my pal does that dresses flies.:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

• Like Like x 1
  5. BBQ Paul

You bad bad dog . Only to take their clothes off, they hate it .
    Very good. You were the disruptive kid at school weren't you?

Take care, have fun.

6. BBQ Paul

Thanks Carol. You're right...so much. We will spend about one month in each county, if we are happy we will just stay on, happy days. Cities, no thanks. Been there, done that.

I was hoping someone will say, wild camping, Northumberland, a must at this location or warwickshire, don't leave that county without seeing...and such like.

I really can't wait to go.

7. BritStops

BritStops Trader BritStop Owner

Hi Paul,

Welcome to MHFun!

As has already been said, there are tons of wonderful areas all over the UK to visit, but there's probably a book you can buy that'll show you lots of great spots where motorhomes are welcome to stay the night...:Wink:

Steve :Smile:

• Like Like x 2
  8. BBQ Paul

Thanks Steve, I will look out for one.

The truth is there is no shortage of information out there. I shall get looking.

Cheers

9. grasscutter

grasscutter Funster Life Member

Hi Paul. Welcome to the Fun. How lucky you are to be retired. Go for it and enjoy your travels.
    Good to see another funster in the local area.:thumb:

Last edited: Aug 31, 2013
  10. mitzimad

mitzimad Funster

book a ferry buy the aires book and go to france the country is purpose built for motor homes

• Like Like x 2
  11. Carol

Carol Funster Life Member

Okay Paul for a start why not try Scotland lots of wild camping there also the scenery will be stunning at this time of the year, Make use of the local tourist information offices Which is the best way of seeing the local area you are in, the midges should also be much less of a problem now. Rosmarkie could be worth a visit to see the Dolphins, lots of lovely scenery on the Black Isle.

Wales has so much to offer we love Anglsey after going there for years still so much to explore, and Snowdonia just on its doorstep.

I would join at least the Camping and Caravan Club to get use of there CL's gives you more scope for stopping at reasonably priced pitches some are in beautiful locations.

You will find while you are out and about your fellow motorhomes will only be to pleases to share there experience's with you.