Feb 28, 2016
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Chausson 768XLB
Exp
I'm Intermediate
Which Motorhome have you bought yourself lots to look forward to
Hi Carol Thanks for the welcome I've bought a Autotrail Cheyenne 840D I'm picking it up this Friday, I'm like a kid at Christmas, having trouble sleeping, too excited, but Mum said Santa won't come if I'm awake, I think that's just a ploy to get me to bed. LOL
I can't wait to get out there and meet all you good people.
Best Wishes Tony

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Brakers

Brakers

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2016
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Chausson 768XLB
Exp
I'm Intermediate
Hi Roy, welcome to FUN. Scottie , Chandlers Ford.
I assume you are Roy and not saying to me Hi Roy as my name is Tony, I was never any good at English. lol I see you live in the posh area of Eastleigh, not sure I should be talking to someone as high fuluting as you, Boyatt Wood me not the good part either. lol
Anyway thanks for the warm welcome and hope to see you on some of the meets somtime.
Best Wishes Tony

Mimi

Free Member
Aug 5, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper
Exp
Since 2016
Welcome Tony, from another single motorhomer.

I'm collecting my first motorhome early April, looking forward to meeting lots of like minded people.

Good luck.

OP
OP
Brakers

Brakers

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2016
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Chausson 768XLB
Exp
I'm Intermediate
I'm collecting my first motorhome early April
Hi Mimi Thanks for the welcome. I used to have an Aunt named Mimi she was a lovely woman. I was picking up my motorhome last Friday but they found a problem with the speedo so they had to order new dials, so I'm picking it up this Friday. Hope every thing is OK this time.
Best Wishes Tony

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Hi Mimi Thanks for the welcome. I used to have an Aunt named Mimi she was a lovely woman. I was picking up my motorhome last Friday but they found a problem with the speedo so they had to order new dials, so I'm picking it up this Friday. Hope every thing is OK this time.
Best Wishes Tony
Tony I thought you were to pick up your van last Friday but saw no news. Hopefully it will be ready on Friday for you to start your adventures!:)

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Best Wishes Tony
Good luck if your first drive is going to be on Good Friday. :eek: But worth checking they are going to be open. Someone might have not looked at the calandar. 

OP
OP
Brakers

Brakers

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2016
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Chausson 768XLB
Exp
I'm Intermediate
worth checking they are going to be open
Yes they are open it was the salesman who surgested good Friday. He's picking me up from the station "Newport Gwent". Just got my insurance for a good price, which I'm quite pleased about since it's my first motorhome, no claims bonus and I have to leave it outside on the road, £373 when you think my 2006 Ford focus is £220 then £373 in my opinion is good!

Reactions: DBK

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Hi and welcome.
There are tickets available for the Chester camper fest.
Why not come up and test your new van out??

OP
OP
Brakers

Brakers

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2016
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Chausson 768XLB
Exp
I'm Intermediate
Chester camper fest
Hi Sue This is my first van, I'm travelling up by train from Southampton and picking it up from Newport Gwent it will be around 4pm when he finishes the handover according to the salesman. Not sure what we are going to do for two hours I'm a bit worried lol.
Anyway the motorhome will have nothing on it and if you know me, I would want to get the van loaded up how I wanted before I go on a camp. Also there are a few things I want to get and install so I will be doing a few nights near to my home to get used to it and find out what I am missing in the equipment department. Shame it’s that far from Southampton as I might of tried it for the crack, but being just over 200miles from home I think I will sort the van out first, but thanks for the invite, maybe next year.
Best Wishes Tony

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Hi Sue This is my first van, I'm travelling up by train from Southampton and picking it up from Newport Gwent it will be around 4pm when he finishes the handover according to the salesman. Not sure what we are going to do for two hours I'm a bit worried lol.
Anyway the motorhome will have nothing on it and if you know me, I would want to get the van loaded up how I wanted before I go on a camp. Also there are a few things I want to get and install so I will be doing a few nights near to my home to get used to it and find out what I am missing in the equipment department. Shame it’s that far from Southampton as I might of tried it for the crack, but being just over 200miles from home I think I will sort the van out first, but thanks for the invite, maybe next year.
Best Wishes Tony
A handover can take a long time we asked loads of questions,
some people video processes on their phone . Ie heating , water filling waste water empty etc! When you get home you can have forgotten it!
Enjoy your first trip and let us know how you get on.

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Aren’t these shows just to make you unhappy with what motorhome you have, I’ve just spent my life savings on this motorhome I’ve just purchased and I’m not sure I want to be made unhappy with mine, not yet anyway. lol
Best Wishes Tony
That's a bit of a negative view ,but I suppose an element of truth somewhere in it ..i have a 10year old van and I never feel that the shows do that to me . .i enjoy the company and love looking at new motorhomes and equipment available ..abd the evening entertainment is second to non. Roy

OP
OP
Brakers

Brakers

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2016
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Chausson 768XLB
Exp
I'm Intermediate
That's a bit of a negative view
Not really, I'm a great believer in if you can't afford it then what's the point of looking, and anyway you take me tooooooo seriously lol, but having said that there might be bits of kit there that I could afford, and really that comment was meant tongue in cheek.
I've always said the written word can be taken way too many ways if you can't see the person or hear the way he's or she is saying it then it can be taken the wrong way, that’s why I don’t like texting but anyway I did put "lol" on the end.
Best Wishes Tony

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Not really, I'm a great believer in if you can't afford it then what's the point of looking, and anyway you take me tooooooo seriously lol, but having said that there might be bits of kit there that I could afford, and really that comment was meant tongue in cheek.
I've always said the written word can be taken way too many ways if you can't see the person or hear the way he's or she is saying it then it can be taken the wrong way, that’s why I don’t like texting but anyway I did put "lol" on the end.
Best Wishes Tony

I know it was tongue in cheek but the Fun Rally's are so much more than just shows selling vans it's about the crack with your fellow funsters and a good way of getting information first hand on travelling camp sites etc., one thing if you do book one of the shows be sure to go to where it says clubs, click the drop down thing and click on Motorhome Fun otherwise you would be unable to camp with fun at at the Warners shows if you don't do this. Good luck collecting your new van, fun times ahead

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
And the entertainment - wow,
FRIDAY EVENING
Main Marquee - Vanity Fair and Dave Berry & The Cruisers
Food Court Marquee - The Berries

SATURDAY EVENING
Main Marquee* - The Pacemakers, The Merseybeats and The Tremeloes
Food Court Marquee - The New Honeycombs

Well I could moan and say 'what no Gerry, what no Brian Poole?' But it will still be great fun. And you will know by then what extra bits you need for your van (if you can afford them!)

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
I know it was tongue in cheek but the Fun Rally's are so much more than just shows selling vans it's about the crack with your fellow funsters and a good way of getting information first hand on travelling camp sites etc., one thing if you do book one of the shows be sure to go to where it says clubs, click the drop down thing and click on Motorhome Fun otherwise you would be unable to camp with fun at at the Warners shows if you don't do this. Good luck collecting your new van, fun times ahead

So right @Carol, the shows are a great way to exchange views with like minded people who have so much knowledge about motorhoming and sites etc .plus of course the laughter factor and as you know the entertainment in the evenings is super ,and really such great value for money .. Roy

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Hello and welcome :WelcomeFlag:Lots of help advice and fun on here! We are going on our first rally to Chester where we hope to meet some of the Funsters it will be great to put faces to names !
If you can remember! It's a tad overwhelming:)

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Best Wishes Tony
If it's your first van Tony, then you have 2 to go. Motorhome Fun wisdom says that it's only the third one you buy which will finally be satisfactory!! Like may others, I am on my 3rd!

Mimi

Free Member
Aug 5, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper
Exp
Since 2016
Hi Tony,
I hope all went well the the collection of your motorhome. Very best wishes for all your travels, keep safe and enjoy.

Mimi

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I hate to think what the drive back home on Good Friday must have been like. I didn't spot he was collecting it from Newport. There is a CC site at Tredegar House which might have had a vacancy. :)

OP
OP
Brakers

Brakers

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2016
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Chausson 768XLB
Exp
I'm Intermediate
Very best wishes for all your travels, keep safe and enjoy.
Hi Mimi thanks for that, yes everything went smoothly, I got a train from Eastleigh to Newport £14.40, not bad hey, it costs £6.60 to get over the bridge going into Wales.
Best Wishes Tony

OP
OP
Brakers

Brakers

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2016
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Chausson 768XLB
Exp
I'm Intermediate
I hate to think what the drive back home on Good Friday must have been like.
Hi DBK The ride back was quite uneventfull, traffic medium to light, I was surprised myself, got back around 7:30 as I stopped for KFC at one of the services.
Best Wishes Tony

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back