alko boxer hand brake cable

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by lou020, Sep 25, 2011.

1. lou020

lou020 Funster

anyone know if the hand brake cable on a alko chassis pug boxer is the same as standard boxer van cables. :Smile:

cheers Lou

2. Mikemoss

Mikemoss Read Only Funster

I'm pretty sure it's different, Lou. We needed a new one a couple of years ago and the only supplier was Al-Ko themselves. Try contacting their UK place at Leamington Spa - they took some persuading to supply directly to the garage that was doing the repair work on our motorhome, but came through eventually. Wasn't cheap though......:Sad:

3. lou020

lou020 Funster

cheers for your reply mike, does anyone know for sure if the hand brake cable is different to the standard boxer. looks the same to me but dont want to waste money if it isn't.:Blush:

4. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

if it needs to be changed why not remove it and take it to your local Pug dealer.....tell them the base vehicle only (they will probably ask for the reg number to get full details) and see what they come up with.

that way you know for sure but I'm sure its different as Alko chassis are generally longer than standard, so the axle may be further back