Alicante at Easter (1 Viewer)

Jan 9, 2017
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
tribute T615
Exp
Since late 2015
We're off to Alicante in April to meet up with some friends who will be in Alicante over Easter so we're a bit constrained over dates. It means we'll have to be there over Easter. We're looking to stay at/near Santa Pola so does anyone have any idea how busy it's likely to be? Should we reserve in advance?
We're looking at staying at Bahia de Santa Pola so any any comments about this site or suggestions about alternatives would be appreciated.

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
It will be busy and also expensive as they put the campsite prices up for a week.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
It's a big site so you should get in, also get ACSI €19 a night so it will pay for itself to get it then book it...

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Wouldn't apply at Easter would it ? Be classed as high season.

Good thinking Gus, Could be, but doesn't mention it on the site, anyway it'll come in handy for the other places to get there plus it sounds like the OP is staying for longer then just Easter?

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
As above... Easter is a big deal in Spain..
WILL be busy and expensive, get booked to be on safe side..

Ref ACSI Easter will be classed as high season..

Reactions: f6c
Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
First outing for The Spanish,,,sites usually rammed,,three and four tents to a pitch,,good thing is they only have fri sat and sunday. I would book if i was you..BUSBY..

Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
The site is in the 2017 Acsi book (2864).
It is priced at €17 and there appears to be no change for the Easter period.
IMG_20170125_142446.jpg

Cheers
Ed

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Any holiday time the Spanish like to get out there, and easter is the first time camping in the year, the sites go from what you thought was sometimes noisy to mayhem. :eek:
Once you get over the first day with the shower block disco because they all take their phones in with music playing, the children running wild until 3 in the morning, and the thick smoke from the BBQ that start about ten at night and then again at lunch time it's OK. :LOL:
Great atmosphere Janie has gone off for a late shower ( because they are full before 10 pm ) :eek: and come back with a big plate of Paella :ROFLMAO: the Spanish are very friendly and all the family get together. (y)

I would book a site, if you need to be there then. :) Bob.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I go to Spain at Easter most years although not Alicante.

I have found it busy, but not even nearly as busy as Summer.

We don't tend to book, put it that way.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
First outing for The Spanish,,,sites usually rammed,,three and four tents to a pitch,,good thing is they only have fri sat and sunday. I would book if i was you..BUSBY..

Always the Thursday ,Jueves Santo , is a holiday here.
As far as the Spaniards are concerned Easter starts on the 9th April this year which is Palm Sunday. If it is anywhere where there is likely to be a major procession then I'd book. Here in Lorca & surroundings everything is always booked solid.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
Every site in the last16 years i have been on in Spain at Easter has been rammed full,,and the weather has never been very good,,,BUSBY,,

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Every site in the last16 years i have been on in Spain at Easter has been rammed full,,and the weather has never been very good,,,BUSBY,,
Always sunny here. (y) Except when it snows.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Always sunny here. (y) Except when it snows.

And that's only every 33 years. :LOL:
I hope ! :ROFLMAO:

We slipped up on the way here in September, we was on Camping Joan at Cambrills and there was a lot of Spanish on site, so we decided to carry on to Gandia we got the last pitch :eek: yes it was a public holiday, not only was it the last pitch it was right next to the squeaky swings. :LOL:
Began to wish we stopped where we was. :whistle: :party3::party3::party3::drinks::cycle::pop: Bob.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
And that's only every 33 years. :LOL:
I hope ! :ROFLMAO:

We slipped up on the way here in September, we was on Camping Joan at Cambrills and there was a lot of Spanish on site, so we decided to carry on to Gandia we got the last pitch :eek: yes it was a public holiday, not only was it the last pitch it was right next to the squeaky swings. :LOL:
Began to wish we stopped where we was. :whistle: :party3::party3::party3::drinks::cycle::pop: Bob.
Snowed in 2005,,but only lasted 3 days,,BUSBY,,

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
As above... Easter is a big deal in Spain..
WILL be busy and expensive, get booked to be on safe side..

Ref ACSI Easter will be classed as high season..

Not all sites ,,some accept ACSI at Easter,,BUSBY,,

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Not all sites ,,some accept ACSI at Easter,,BUSBY,,

True, I saw the post made by sheddy...
Unusual, the Spanish like to hike the prices when they can..

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
We stayed at Bahia de Santa Pola for 4 nights early Nov last year as it was handy for our son who was flying into Alicante to see us. It is a handy site for the coastal resort of Santa Pola.
The site itself is quite big and is set on a hill with nice views over the town.
What struck us first was that there was no reception as such but you have to make your way to the bar/restaurant to check-in. The site was almost totally full of long-term / full-timers and although the pitches were a reasonable size, the one we were taken to (no choice !!) seemed quite claustrophobic because of all the tents/gazebo's/ trailers/leanto's etc that the other campers had right up to the edge of the pitch and this feeling wasn't helped when, on our arrival at our pitch, having followed the golf buggy that took us there, the occupant of the caravan opposite us remonstrated with the buggy driver that our MH would cast a shadow on to her pitch! The buggy driver who turned out to be the owner of the site gave her short shrift and drove off!
We wouldn't have stayed but for the fact that our son was meeting us there and there were no other pitches that we would fit on at 7.2m long!.

There is a German owned(?) camper park just inland from Santa Pola at http://europa-areacamperpark.com/ but we never visited it but it has a contact address to ask if you can book for Easter.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back