Free Member
Jun 23, 2011
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Long Marston

Terrific job finding a venue at such short notice to save the event. We would have been gutted if it had been cancelled.What is the situation re facilities such as toilets, Elsan, water as there questions about these for the previous venue.presumably if this is at an airfield noise won't be an issue!

Long Marston, Avon Park Raceway, Shakespeare County Raceway!!

home of the Bull dog bash. and a drag racing venu....but used to have a curfew on Sunday evenings, few villages close by! duno if its changed though!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

MadMerv

Free Member
Jun 23, 2011
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
No it's still what it always was despite the events that have taken and do take place from time to time.

Long Marston Airfield.

http://www.longmarstonairfield.com/Default.aspx

Used to be the incident photographer for the MSA and (FAST) Fire Accident Safety team on the Drag Racing Strip, back in the days i could walk....in fact the last time i was at the Park was the Bulldog Bash, i was filming Eddy Kidd when he had his bad accident.
It appears they have cleaned it up a bit now, and taken over a lot of the leisure activities, used to be a mess when they were building the 1/4 mile 30 ft high wall and embankment, trying to lessen the drag car noise for the villagers!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back