Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
I know there's lots of negative stuff here but I missed the Aldi offer and bought it for loads more money ........
Works great.. No probs at all.. We both really like it.

Would never consider using an iPad for anything serious to be honest. In fact we have an iPad air and just use it as a TV and email reading device .

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
The only thing that bugs me about the Garmin is that unlike TomTom, there doesn't seem to be a facility to view the route in advance so it can be changed if required, e.g. to change from M25/M3/M27 to A27/M27 E. Sussex to home. With TomTom it shows instructions as text or map and parts can be avoided.
Is the Garmin route simulation feature not their version of this? Coupled with the base camp software or equivalent if you wish to do so in advance on a PC?

http://support.garmin.com/support/s...caseId={c0953430-a143-11e1-5188-000000000000}

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
The only thing that bugs me about the Garmin is that unlike TomTom, there doesn't seem to be a facility to view the route in advance so it can be changed if required, e.g. to change from M25/M3/M27 to A27/M27 E. Sussex to home. With TomTom it shows instructions as text or map and parts can be avoided.

You can view route in advance on the Garmin, but can't remember exact key press right now.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!

You can do this "reasonably" easily on a Garmin (760).

Tap the bar at the top where it shows the next routing point and it opens the route in text layout.
You can scroll up and down the routing points and tap them to open a detailed view of that point.

Back on the main map screen you can zoom in and out using either two finger swipe or + and - buttons. If you zoom in to a specific location you can then tap the map and it gives you the facility to adds this point to your route and recalculate via there.

Methodology varies a little by model but believe most of them have a similar functionality.

Although reasonably easy it is easier (in respect of map size) to use BaseCamp on a pc \ Mac and then transfer the route over to the sat nav.

Let me know if more info wanted.

RandallC

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 4, 2012
Devizes
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 8096
Exp
2012, prior too, 17 years Folding Camper & Caravan
Sincere thanks to DJA much appreciated

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
There are still a few stores that have these. The one in Perth opposite the leisure pool had them in on Saturday :)

Mar 21, 2010
Funster No
If you join Aldi , you will be sent all details of their shop and ONLY online offers. If you buy on line they do not charge for returning the item.

Colyboy

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back