ALDI with Garmin

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by bertiebasset, Mar 20, 2015.

1. bertiebasset

bertiebasset Funster

Just seen online,, Aldi are to be selling Garmin Sat Nav Camper 760LMT-D starting Thursday 26th March. @ £199.99
    and 19" led TV with 12v adaptor @ £99.99

• Like Like x 4
  2. Middy42

Middy42 Funster

Sounds like value, thanks for the tip. BARRIE

3. Ninovan

Ninovan Funster

4. Bluestar

Bluestar Funster

Seems like a result, we brought ours from Halfruds as they will price match, so we found the cheapest we could find, on line printed it off and had it price matched at our local store :)

• Like Like x 2
  5. carolyn

carolyn Funster

Just seen on martinlewis that there is a £5 voucher for aldi in tomorrows Daily Mirror, will buy it en route as our nearest Aldi is 50 mins away. Didnt know Halfords pricematched, was going to try my luck with John Lewis if aldi run out so good tip thanks.

6. CJB

CJB Funster

Are these Aldi offers available in store or do you have to buy online. Thinking about getting the TV but want to check the power usage and what size the VESA bracket is

7. carolyn

carolyn Funster

Only in store, I dont think you can buy online from them or lidl, you definitely can't.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Geordies

Geordies Funster

Anyone know if the ALDI sat nav has Europe Maps on it, doesn't say on the advert.

9. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

This from the advert:

• Like Like x 1
  10. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

They will probably have only one or two in each store which will sell out in minutes. Halfords and the like will then refuse to price match because Aldi have none left (they know because they sent their staff round to buy them up) :D

11. Geordies

Geordies Funster

That's what you'd expect but I phoned Garmin yesterday to check the spec of the ALDI one against another device and I asked the girl at Garmin if the ALDI one had Europe maps. She said she did not know as not all of the sat navs are configured the same.

So if your considering buying one, do check that it includes Europe maps on lifetime updates.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Serendipitous

Serendipitous Funster

Just checked with Halfords on line chat and they will price match for 1 day only in store. Like for like with Aldi.

not near an Aldi or Halfords tomorrow ah well

13. paintman

paintman Read Only Funster

I can't make a decision on this, it seems like a good deal but this unit was getting terrible reviews last year on places like Amazon, my own experience with a Garmin product and their helpline is far from good. We had a replacement 550 (motorbike unit) last year after the first one failed, we bought lifetime maps but despite numerous attempts with help from Garmin customer service we just can't get them loaded on to the unit (sd card) so I still need a gps for the Hymer but I think I've had it with Garmin.

14. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

I bought a new 660 ( I already had the 550 on one bike and wanted the 660 on another )
    had EXACTLY the same problem, ended up having to return the thing to Garmin who ended up sending me a completely new unit with the update done !
    To be fair, they turned it round in 24 hours and express delivered it back to me. The whole lot took 4 days in total AND they sent me a case and a new spare SD card as a sorry

15. Allanm

Allanm Funster

No problems at all with ours and we have had it almost a year and covered about 7000 miles with it in constant use. I contacted Garmin ( by email) about another unit I had and they responded straight away, told me to send it in and they repaired it for free even though it was over 6 months out of warranty.
    I've had Garmin units for more years than I can remember, certainly over 20 years, I wouldn't touch another brand. We have 4 Garmin units in the family, never a moments problems with any of them.
    If I hadn't already got a Dezl 760, I would be queueing up at Aldi tomorrow for one.
    Allan

16. sdc77

sdc77 Funster

I'm not happy about the price I paid for one of these a month ago (not being psychic).. But its my first Garmin.. Used it a few times in the UK and I have to say.. I love it... There are reviews all over the net for it.... A fair few in the USA... The huge majority are good reviews and I have to agree with them.

17. bertiebasset

bertiebasset Funster

I have had a TomTom for many years but they now want £54+ for new maps so have subscribed to co-pilot for my tablet. So far seems very good, so will not be queuing at ALDI's on Thursday but hope those who do get what they desire.
    Robert

18. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

Got one ! Was first in the queue :) ( got there at 0750 )
    They had a total of five units.. By the time the doors opened there was actually quite a line, and everyone at the till behind me either had a gps or a telly.
    I should think there were a few unfortunates who failed to score.. I told one chap to go to Halfrauds ( just over the road ) and they will price match.. Someone else over heard and by the time I left the car park a queue was forming outside the Halfrauds doors LOL !!!

Got it home and so far am REALLY impressed with the thing..

• Like Like x 1
  19. Lesley and Richard

Lesley and Richard Read Only Funster

Well done , same for me , first in the queue and only person, that wanted one , everyone eles was there for the telly , stood outside for 10 mins , cut the £5 coupon out of the daily mirror and got a bargain .....

• Like Like x 2
  20. Debs

Debs Funster

We're away so asked our son if he wouldn't mind picking a tv up for us. He rang to confirm he'd got one and there was still 3 in store.(y)

Just have to hope it'll fit in the tv cupboard now.....:LOL: