Aldi Dash Cam (1 Viewer)

Mar 21, 2010
Funster No
Aldi have a very interesting DashCam coming up for sale on Thursday 19 November. Worth a punt if your in the market for one. I would suggest you get there early if you want one!

video record/playback, Enhanced 1080p, 8gb micro SD card, Viewing Angle, 3 Year g/tee.

£29.99

more details on their website.

colyboy

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
8gb is rather small. I also think that the purpose of a dashcam is to memorialise an accident. This would unless tampered with be insurance evidence of responsibility. If you doubt this, have a look at Russian dashcam pictures.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
8gb is rather small. I also think that the purpose of a dashcam is to memorialise an accident. This would unless tampered with be insurance evidence of responsibility. If you doubt this, have a look at Russian dashcam pictures.

Think he should give up driving
Amount of accidents he's been in
In 10 minutes :whistle2::rofl::rofl::rofl::reel:

Wickolad

Free Member
Sep 10, 2013
Wickersley
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie to MH, 20yrs+ Caravanning.
8gb should be fine, they all loop anyway, if you are involved in an accident just save the data. Also, why do you need GP's, the footage is just corroborating evidence to your own evidence. If it was imperative to an insurance claim it would be mandatory to have one. As it stands, it is just beneficial to have one to corroborate your version of events and is better than nothing as it supports your statement. The alternative, unless the 3rd party admit liability is a 50/50 story with no independent witnesses. That's my opinion anyway.

Bobby22

Free Member
Dec 15, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 680ff
Exp
since 2013
8gb should be fine, they all loop anyway, if you are involved in an accident just save the data. Also, why do you need GP's, the footage is just corroborating evidence to your own evidence. If it was imperative to an insurance claim it would be mandatory to have one. As it stands, it is just beneficial to have one to corroborate your version of events and is better than nothing as it supports your statement. The alternative, unless the 3rd party admit liability is a 50/50 story with no independent witnesses. That's my opinion anyway.
Some save automatically in a bump.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
It will be easy enough to replace the 8GB card with a larger one and, as has been said, they loop anyway.

I have a camera with GPS in the front of the car and in the front of the van.

Having nearly had a couple of people run into the back of the car I was thinking of installing a camera at the rear as well. A few weeks ago I saw one which looks similar to the Aldi one in Maplins, reduced to £39.99 and bought that (well, actually got it free as I had a money off voucher :)).

Jan 14, 2015
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Ixeo 726G
Exp
since 2014
I bought a camera off Jaws via this site, £34.50 delivered, cracking bit of kit, easy to set up and use, has GPS also but you can choose if you want to use that feature, so good I just ordered another.

Broken Link Removed

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I bought a camera off Jaws via this site, £34.50 delivered, cracking bit of kit, easy to set up and use, has GPS also but you can choose if you want to use that feature, so good I just ordered another.

Broken Link Removed
Very good cameras. The one we have in the van is one of those. I also had one for the car but found it a bit big and broke its mount so replaced it.
I then fixed the mount of the other camera and gave it to one of our sons :)

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
A good site for basic info but sadly VERY out of date.. The review of the X3000 is extremely misleading too ( as an example )
The info he gives related only to a model that was not widely available and was updated within weeks of that info being put out.. Sadly he could not be bothered to either update the vid or even correct the misinformation he had published

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back