Aldi 800watt generater is it big enough to charge batterys (1 Viewer)

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
You know, there is such a fountain.....Nay, a waterfall, of knowledge encapsulated within these hallowed pages! I'm overawed daily by this! Who would have EVER thought a mere Scotsman could ever have been endowed with such technical expertise?

He knows sod all about tyres though, my mates dad says. :rofl::rofl:

g8ysn

Free Member
Jun 5, 2012
ng219ep
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Don't do it I can vouch it will blow your electric in van did mine couple of years ago not be ing earthed now vAn through zurgd adapter

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
You know, there is such a fountain.....Nay, a waterfall, of knowledge encapsulated within these hallowed pages! I'm overawed daily by this! Who would have EVER thought a mere Scotsman could ever have been endowed with such technical expertise?

He knows sod all about tyres though, my mates dad says. :rofl::rofl:

bollox to what you mate's dad says.. he knows sod all about tyres ..:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

serious note..

For every person who says a cheap 2 stroke genny will blow your van electrics you will find someone who says the opposite..

Think on it like this.. my mates dad ( the tyre expert) says smoking doesn't kill coz his grandad smoked 30 Capstan full strength every day for 70 years 'till the day he died age 85.
Does that make smoking safe? .. Absolutely not, so too with a cheap 2 stroke genny..... do you feel lucky punk.. ?

Don't play Russian roulette with expensive van kit

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
SAKURA
Jun 19, 2014
Cardiff
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
I'm a newbie
Update on 800 watt generator its 14.7 kg empty 33cm,x35cm,x30cm, 230v 3amps 50 hz, 12 volt 4.2 amps 98 db ( 3 to 9 db more than eu honda)if to be used with tv and computers it recommends a surge protector just small enough to fit in a gas locker of a Chausson Welcome 85 .Robert

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Update on 800 watt generator its 14.7 kg empty 33cm,x35cm,x30cm, 230v 3amps 50 hz, 12 volt 4.2 amps 98 db ( 3 to 9 db more than eu honda)if to be used with tv and computers it recommends a surge protector just small enough to fit in a gas locker of a Chausson Welcome 85 .Robert

the db scale is logarithmic.. ie a 10 dB change in level = a change in power (noise) by a factor of 10..

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
the db scale is logarithmic.. ie a 10 dB change in level = a change in power (noise) by a factor of 10..

Is it not that the sound level (intensity) doubles for each 3db increase in the measured value ?

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Dear Motorhomefun,
I am constantly amazed by your correspondents technical expertise, and their unrivalled, (nay, unparalleled), ability to quote from WIKI.

Conrad Sciencelab,
Manchester.
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I presume you are referring to my post? If so I find it insulting.

A wise teacher once told me it's not important what information or data you keep in your head, but knowing where to find it.. and once you have found it, know how to apply it.
For example.. what worth is there in knowing that the battle of Hastings was fought in 1066 if you don't know the circumstances.. ? a big fat zero.. it's just a four digit date without knowledge.

The net has made us all more informed.. and wiki is just one of many sources where we can check information and also cross check.. .. there is no shame in quoting a site .. the only shane would be if you plagiarize.

I knew that noise is measured in db and also that the scale was logarithmic.. not linear as the poster inferred..
So I used wiki to get some detail and to point the poster where he could find more info.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back