Free Member
Sep 4, 2007
notts
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
since 2000
hi I'm considering the automatic Alden as opposed to the oyster, firstly its cheaper and secondly it comes with a 5 year guarantee anyone got this system?
any advice pros and cons would be most helpful.

thanks mark:Smile:

adventure

Free Member
Oct 16, 2007
somerset
Funster No
Exp
25 years
hi Mark

is it the onelight you are looking at ?

The alden system will work just as well as any automatic satellite dish, if you are buying just on price then go for it, but like all things a little bit more money and you could have a more robust unit.

Have a look at the different systems side by side and you will be able to make a more informed decision

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Mark, you aint gonna get Corrie in Morocco::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi Mark

We had the Alden system fitted to our van by Vanbitzabout 18 months ago.
Eddie and his team did a great instalation job for us and as yet we have had no problems with it whatsoever.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Robustness (if there is such a word) doesn't come into it. The Orbiter SSC is a good unit and comes with a five year warranty. Better than anything else on the market.

Don't forget that this is a manufacturers warranty, not somthing added and then taken away by a retailer in the last throws of desperation prior to going bust. The warranty on all other products is three years at the most.

I sell Alden and would advise you to go ahead, with no doubts.

Adventure, do you not think that it is fair that you state in posts, when giving advice, that you sell alternative products before advising members? statements like

if you are buying just on price then go for it, but like all things a little bit more money and you could have a more robust unit

Otherwise it could be taken out of context

OP
OP
thefman

thefman

Free Member
Sep 4, 2007
notts
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
since 2000
thanks for the replies Guy's the firm I'm going to use have done work for me before they know their stuff and there only up the road from me which is useful if anything goes wrong:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back