Alden Satellite (1 Viewer)

May 20, 2009
Haute Vienne, France
Funster No
I have an automatic Alden satellite system in our new to us van but unfortunately it will only pick up Astra 1 (19.2E). Basically it is based on the French TNT system. I phoned Alden France to see if the box cold be reconfigured to receive Astra 2 (28.2E) and Astra 1 the answer was a resounding Non Monsieur you will need another box. Anyone have any idea which box would be compatible with Alden's motorised system?

Thanks in advance for any replies.
Steve

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
A quick search reveals this authorised stockist list. I should start by trying one of them - you may find one is a Funster.

Link Removed

OP
OP
elamessa
May 20, 2009
Haute Vienne, France
Funster No
A quick search reveals this authorised stockist list. I should start by trying one of them - you may find one is a Funster.

Link Removed

Already did that search and am waiting for a reply to email sent to one of them (maybe a funster).
But I want to know if there is any other search controller that will work with the Alden?

Steve

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
You need a Libertas box which is a Free To Air (FTA) receiver and a SSC control unit as well

The cost of the box is £399 including VAT

Eddie

OP
OP
elamessa
May 20, 2009
Haute Vienne, France
Funster No
You need a Libertas box which is a Free To Air (FTA) receiver and a SSC control unit as well

The cost of the box is £399 including VAT

Eddie

I already have a Comag Free To Air receiver and just want to change the SSC control unit.

If you could give me a cost of that only.
Thanks

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Hi The Libertas SSC box comes as a FTA box and controller or FTA box only. The Libertas is not available as a SSC only.

It may be possible to configure a SSC half moon controller to your system, we would have to check but the cost of that is the same as the Liberras box any way so nothing would be gained

Have a good weekend we re-open next Tuesday

Eddie

Blaxsta

Free Member
Mar 4, 2013
Coventry
Funster No
MH
Intergrated
Exp
Did you ever get a solution?

Hi just got our firts motorhome and its come witht the french setup alden ssc unit (we got the motorhome in France). I was wondering did you ever get a UK version to pick up sky TV etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Blaxsta

Apr 2, 2011
south essex Benfleet
Funster No
MH
CarthagoM liner.
Exp
since 1986 & tugger before
Re Alden satalitte.Don't know how old your dish is. If it's got the "half moon controller"it should be pre-programmed with about 4 or 5 satalittes.If it has come from France It will use French sat as it's first choice.Look and see if it has Astra 2 on there,if it has set it to that and see what happens.I had a Alden 85cm dish I put on a Hymer in 1996,had nothing but trouble with it for 4 yrs,so don't spend to much money on getting it working.That is only my opinion based on my experience.

Jul 2, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki Tag, 2007.
Exp
Thread is 2 years old, I think they may have sorted it by now.....:Smile:

Nov 14, 2009
normandy
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
16 years
hi blaxsta , give robert jackson a call , google jacksons satelites . he will do a mod using a second lnb and you can then get all your sky channels from astra 2 . way cheaper than getting a new alden box. its the same mod he uses for the obsolete early oyster visions. cheers sean

hi encantador , blaxsta has just got a van with the same issue as the o.p

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back