Alden Orbitor automatic satellite dish problem (1 Viewer)

koffee

Free Member
Mar 22, 2008
Funster No
Hi there fellow funsters

I read this forum on which TV to get and chose an Avtec 15 inch, only took me a year to decide - that's how much I watch TV. The van came with an Alden Orbitor 60cm automatic dish system.

I had previously tested the system with a portable mains TV with electric hookup from the house and tried out a few channels and then shutdown the system.

I'm now on my travels at last and went to tune in some radio stations (radio on a satellite TV system) but the dish whirs for a bit and only part opens.

I try a channel search and the signal strength dish icon shows 24%

If I try to move dish left or right it does not respond.

I've looked at the Alden UK and the French websites but can't find a list of authorized service agents. The French one does have the Link Removed format and google translate does a fine job)

Any ideas or tips on things I can do that wont make worse (can't see any obstructions on roof)?

Are there Authorized Alden service repair shops around Europe?

Google search did not bring anything obvious (and I tried alden centro de serviço autorizado orbitor as I'm in Portugal )

Guess I might find one in France when I go North later on but it would be nice to get it working.

Ian

PS - I hear JJwagon was drumming up support for the photo competition. :thumb: Have you voted yet. :Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back