Alden Automatic Sat dish can't find satellites (1 Viewer)

Nov 15, 2007
Nottinghamshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
20+ but 30+ as a tugger
We have recently bought a Hymer fitted with the Alden auto sat dish. The SSC is the half moon version. The dish can't find any satellites and sadly I don't have any manuals. I know from our last camper with an Oyster dish that there were changes and you needed to update the SSC. I managed to download a sheet detailing how to update the unit but it seems either too easy or I'm doing something wrong as the instructions aren't that clear - well at least not to me. Does anyone have any idiot proof instructions on how to update this? Or better still a manual?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Vennwood
Nov 15, 2007
Nottinghamshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
20+ but 30+ as a tugger
I rang Vanbitz but they are on annual holiday until the 16th and then I guess they will be swamped for the next few days and we hope to get away to France at the end of the month. I'll try again next week.
Perhaps it needs an update mine is a Maxiview but i had to downloaad an update
http://www.vanbitz.com/wp-content/uploads/SSC-instructions.pdf

Unfortunately ours is the half moon SSC so these instructions aren't applicable but thanks for the suggestion

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
We have a Maxview dish and are almost at the end of our tether with it not being able to lock on to the satellite. We have just got back from 4 days in Pembrokeshire. It couldn't find the sat on the first pitch so we moved to another pitch on the same site. Eventually it found the sat from the 2nd pitch and all was OK for 2 days, then we inadvertently hit the switch to lower the dish. When we switched the dish on again it wouldn't find the sat and we hadn't moved an inch from our previous position. The 'not locking on' problem has been going on for several months now, albeit intermittently. We have the very latest software updates loaded so it can't be that. Just wondering if we should get the LNB changed - any other suggestions please?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Scattycat

Free Member
Jan 3, 2013
Mayenne, France
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
Since 2010
I had an Alden Libertas fully automatic system. When I had problems picking up a signal I contacted Claire Jepsom at Alden France.
She was very helpful.
You can contact her on claire.jepsom@alden.fr

To be honest I think my main problem was my dish and I ended up replacing the whole kit with an Avtex Snipe.

I've still got the Libertas box if anyone is interested

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
We have the same problem I emailed Alden fr they have asked me to call back after their holidays 23/08 and they will update it.ours has the SSC HD A controller which has USB port for updates I assume.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Finally got reply from Alden they asked me contact their wholesaler here in UK .www.miriad-products.com.
They had me send the SSC black box to them for update didn't charge me for it.
The dish now stops where I think Astra 2 is but still won't lock on to satellite,have tried moving positions ,no obstructions etc still no joy.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Satellite dish still not locking on even after Miriad updated they now say could be using the wrong transceiver they keep promising to send details but I never receive any.
I think they have forgotten how to use mail I would not recommend them they are Alden wholesaler in UK ,don't think they can be bothered with one offs like me.

Aug 9, 2015
poole dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
We have recently bought a Hymer fitted with the Alden auto sat dish. The SSC is the half moon version. The dish can't find any satellites and sadly I don't have any manuals. I know from our last camper with an Oyster dish that there were changes and you needed to update the SSC. I managed to download a sheet detailing how to update the unit but it seems either too easy or I'm doing something wrong as the instructions aren't that clear - well at least not to me. Does anyone have any idiot proof instructions on how to update this? Or better still a manual?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back