Alde water temperature (1 Viewer)

Mar 2, 2015
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Lowline coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2000
Hi, is there any way to turn down the water temperature on an Alde system without actually turning it off for a while? I'm finding the water is too hot to the touch (even when heating is off) and yes I know I can mix it but sometimes I forget and turn the tap on full for an 'ouch' moment.

In a similar vein, does anyone know if it's possible to get an insulated jacket for the water heater? It's located under our bed and if we leave the water on overnight (no heating, just the water) then we feel the heat coming up through the vents, making sleeping very uncomfortable. We've resorted on warmer nights to switching the water off overnight but then of course there's the wait in the morning for it to gt up to washing temperature.

Derbyshire wanderer

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
15 years
Our Alde system does not have any control for the water temp only the ability to have it boosted to a higher temp so it lasts better for having a shower.
The underbed unit is already insulated to some extent and we have never noticed any heat escaping from it.
Like you say, switching it off at night may be the answer. Ours only takes about 20 minutes to heat up from cold so we rarely find we are waiting for hot water.

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
We turn our Alde Boiler off at night unless its very very cold out. Turn it on for hot water when its required as it soon heats up when on gas. By turning off the boiler, you are saving gas and more importantly imo the boiler and thermostat are not constantly working throughout the night.

PS I believe the hot water temperature can be adjusted on the boiler itself.

From Alde 3000 Instructions
SYSTEM TEMPERATURE

The boiler is set to a system temperature of 80°C, i.e. the temperature of the glycol fluid as it circulates in the heating system. The system temperature may be reduced when required, i.e. if the warm water becomes too hot. Lowering the system temperature Turn the spindle (Q) anti-clockwise. A quarter turn represents a temperature reduction of 10°C.

To increase the system temperature, turn the axle clockwise until it reaches its maximum position and cannot be turned any further. The system tempera- ture is then reset to 80°C.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
In our experience, turning off the bolier at night, still leaves a fair amount of hot water for the next morning.

Just a note for those tempted to turm it down, I believe you will need either to keep it above 60c or turn it up periodically to remove any risk of legionella.

Has it stopped raining yet???

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
Hi I have a diesel htr that heats the water in a hot water tank.. the tank has a mixer fitted to the hot water outlet so you can adjust the temp of the water leaving the tank,and then again at the tap if you need too..
I'm thinking that's the sort of thing that would solve your problem ..
I'll attach a photo of the instructions that came with it to give an idea of what it looks like as the actual valve is under the bottom bunk and not so easily photographed...
The instructions say one full rotation of the knob will alter the temp by about 10 degrees c

20150805_170145.jpg

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
We have Alde and the only time it's ever been on all night was in the winter when we needed the heating. I find it's hot enough for a wash or to do the dishes in 5 or 10 minutes from switching it on and hot enough for a shower after about 20 mins on boost so I would never bother leaving it on all night. Those timings are for gas but they've been about the same for the last week on the 1kw electric setting. We only had 6a ehu so couldn't use it on a higher one.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
South_Wales_Lady
Mar 2, 2015
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Lowline coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2000
Thanks everyone, really useful replies - I'm going to give turning the temp down a go first of all but I take the point about not turning it down too low - hopefully one click will do it. If not, then yes I'll carry on turning it off at night, it will be worth it to have a comfortable night's sleep.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back