LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
I prefer Alde for all the above reasons, fully controllable, although my controller is not like the ones above.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
I think it does when it is something that most customers do not see when looking at a van, a bit of bling is probably a better return.

Like I said in my opener if its not installed properly what's the point. I except most don't really know what they are looking at and easily seduced by bling and flash interiors...sad really

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Had both on our two most recent vans. The blown air left us both with a sort of sore throat feeling each morning.

Many peeps think that the blown air is warmer quicker and if you are going to test the heater by putting your hand in front of the source then this is true. However, put the Alde heating on and step outside for 10 minutes and when you walk back in the whole van is evenly warm, no cold feet syndrome.

I wouldn't entertain going back to blown air heating, too dry and fairly noisy too.

Sep 28, 2010
Castletownbere West Cork
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
11 years
Depends on what you want to use your van for. We have the Alde system and have been away skiing, it is great for long periods of cold weather but does eat gas. Could only get 8 days max out of two 11kg bottles. It kept us warm at -20. But for when the weather is good and only cold in the evening it takes ages to warm the van so we use a fan heater. People with blown air get warm instantly. So if the van is going to be used for cold winter use get Alde. If not don't bother

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
CLS has a complete Alde system for sale.. not on his web site but on the 'other' forum

Alde 3010 , all tested and functioning before removal. Includes control panel , wiring , radiators , chrome bathroom radiator , pipework etc,,,, complete system £750.00

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I know somebody who has it as well as the Alde and he can run it and then heat the interior via the Alde heat exchanger and radiators so he would have heating even without gas, it is early days so we will see how useful in the real world but dont think it would be on my spec sheet. I guess one advantage might be that you could achieve faster warm up by running the Eberspacher on blow and the Alde conventionally.

Martin

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Ours has been on around an hour now.

13° outside temp.....21° indoors with 2 roof lights open for ventilation.

Previous owner never used antifreeze/inhibitor, only water, as there was a small leak and needed regular and often topping up so the pipes are well scaled up making it less efficient.

Edit...now 22°

Derbyshire wanderer

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
15 years
Last van was blown air and about as useful as a chocolate fire guard as it could not push the warm air through the ducting properly so warm at the bed end and cold at the front.
Alde 3020 in this van and evenly heats the whole van to the set temp. Mrs M has never complained so that is a good as you get for a recommendation! Also no more dry and sore eyes for me.
Now we would not look at a van without it.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
As most of my camping is off electric, which is least power hungry? Gas hungry?
Also, won't cab area normally be cooler, as holes where the pedals come through? Lol

OP
OP
garjanco
Feb 14, 2014
Ainsworth, Bolton, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2011
Hey guys went for Alde as most of you on here recommended and it is fantastic glad I took all your comments on board no comparison with blown air.
Used the heat exchanger en route to Harrogate yesterday and mh has been toastie since we landed.
Well worth the upgrade cost
Thanks for all your posts

Gary and Janet

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back