Alde heating system 3010

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by rronyag, Sep 7, 2012.

1. rronyag

rronyag Read Only Funster

Hello all
    I've got the above system in my motorhome,bolero 722fb. When is it recommended to drain the system down now that winter is approaching. We use the motorhome at least once a month. When parked outside home do I have to drain every time a frost is forecast or before a certain temp drop.
    Please advise as wife is driving me bonkers over this issue.

Richard

2. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

For peace of mind (and a quiet life) fill it with antifreeze

From Alde web site

A mix of 60% water, 40% ethylene glycol antifreeze in the UK, or a 50/50 mix for the rest of Europe.

Ethylene glycol antifreeze is also used for car radiator systems, and is commonly available from fuel stations and car accessory retailers.

Alde UK use Comma Super Coldmaster Concentrated Antifreeze with 2 year Longlife protection. Castrol Antifreeze NF (Grade Code 1729) with 2 year service life is also suitable. Water should be clean, fresh water

3. wiljoy

wiljoy Funster

Have owned three vans with an Alde system and as they are glycol based never need draining down. I used to run the system periodically in winter even though the boiler was drained down fully. Excellent system, makes all the other units in motorhomes barbaric.

4. TheDogMan

TheDogMan Funster

had it in my Abbey twin axle for my last 3 years of tugging and a brilliant system, my dealer told me as it had anti freeze in not to touch it so it was not drained for the 3 winters I owned it and it was fine.