Free Member
Sep 2, 2012
Perthshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
November 2012
Do van or car alarms ever stop? We got back to the site two hours ago and someone's alarm was going full blast. It's beginning to stutter a bit now, but I am getting royally fed up with it . I assume that they don't draw much from a battery, but would like to go to bed in the hope the thing will eventually stop. :Sad:

Dave

OP
OP
Daveg

Daveg

Free Member
Sep 2, 2012
Perthshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
November 2012
Hah

Could be your turn next LOL.chill:winky:

I very boringly lock the thing without arming it when we go off site because we are VERY NICE people.

It's stopped now, so I won't have to kill anyone.

Dave

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
I very boringly lock the thing without arming it when we go off site because we are VERY NICE people.

It's stopped now, so I won't have to kill anyone.

Dave

So being a good fellow MH owner you of course went across to see if there was a problem, perhaps the owner had a heart attack inside the MH and set the alarm off to draw attention to the MH because he/she could not move........

We are so used to hearing the alarms we don't pay much attention, but having been at a site were the above did happen I now at least check why it's going off.

As for your own MH thats your choice not setting the alarm, but whats the point of having one if you not going to use it. We set ours every night and every time we go out because you never know we is watching! This is not a "dig" at you Dave just a gentle reminder that alarms go off for a reason.

The old saying use it or lose it.

OP
OP
Daveg

Daveg

Free Member
Sep 2, 2012
Perthshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
November 2012
Risk assessment ....

So being a good fellow MH owner you of course went across to see if there was a problem, perhaps the owner had a heart attack inside the MH and set the alarm off to draw attention to the MH because he/she could not move........

We are so used to hearing the alarms we don't pay much attention, but having been at a site were the above did happen I now at least check why it's going off.

As for your own MH thats your choice not setting the alarm, but whats the point of having one if you not going to use it. We set ours every night and every time we go out because you never know we is watching! This is not a "dig" at you Dave just a gentle reminder that alarms go off for a reason.

The old saying use it or lose it.

Don Q

Actually it was an unoccupied caravan and we, of course, checked with site security before I got so antsy that I posted the whinge. They were furious about it and had tried to contact the owners who had not provided a mobile number.

My point, I suppose, is that if one is on a site with a fairly strong security presence, it might not be necessary to set an alarm. Balance of risk and all that.

I would have been really hacked off if like the people next to us we still had small children who wanted to sleep.

Difficult balance I know, but three hours plus of an alarm (it started again) is a pain. I am righteously paranoid off site (and at home) and duly set the alarm.

Dave

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
Don Q

Actually it was an unoccupied caravan and we, of course, checked with site security before I got so antsy that I posted the whinge. They were furious about it and had tried to contact the owners who had not provided a mobile number.

My point, I suppose, is that if one is on a site with a fairly strong security presence, it might not be necessary to set an alarm. Balance of risk and all that.

I would have been really hacked off if like the people next to us we still had small children who wanted to sleep.

Difficult balance I know, but three hours plus of an alarm (it started again) is a pain. I am righteously paranoid off site (and at home) and duly set the alarm.

Dave

Dave, then I respectfully apologize to you not knowing the whole story. Next time I will ask for more details before opening my mouth.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back