Alarm when starting if hook up connected (1 Viewer)

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
Since 2016, caravans before that, folding Caravan, tents before that
My old motorhome was an Autotrail and an alarm would sound if I ever tried to start when the electrical hook up was connected. My new one is a Rapido and does not have that feature. Does anyone know of an accessory that would provide that warning? I know I could easily stick a reminder on the steering wheel but I mean something a bit more technical!

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
something else to go wrong o_O mine has an alarm to say still connected, but often tells me I am when definitely not, even the bloody controller has a disconnected symbol o_O but insists on still bleeping at me :mad:

hope you can find something simple, that can equally easily be removed :)(y)

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
I know it's easy to say but if you develop a habit of checking you mirrors before you move off you should see the cable plugged in. I usually just take a walk around the Motorhome before driving away from an overnight stop just the be sure all lockers are locked, windows properly closed and nothing left behind, it only takes moments and because I enter through the hab door I can make a last check on internal things like lockers, roof lights and fridge door as I make my way to the drivers seat. It's just a habit really.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Teuchter

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Nov 4, 2014
Lee on the Solent
Funster No
MH
Hymer Mercedes MLI 580
Exp
I have been caravanning for 32 years but in 2014 I have"gone over to the dark side"
Having once driven off whilst connected I now always (well when I remember that is!) do as @iandsm suggests and take a walk round the van before leaving - so far have been 2 years free of "driving whilst connected" so my endorsement will run out in another year!!:)

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Like Iandsm do a walkround(pilot training) AND a mirror check. They both include overhead and obstacles to swinging if there are immediate tightish turns to be made.

I also unplug before walkround and getting into driver's seat.

Belt and braces, I.:)

Geoff

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Yes! We even cross Check the Doors like on a Plane only we've only got one Door:LOL:

If you have an armed inflatable emergency slide it could be a useful defence against migrants or thieves trying to board illegally! But the policeman/customs just wanting to check the vehicle might not be amused;)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
something else to go wrong o_O mine has an alarm to say still connected, but often tells me I am when definitely not, even the bloody controller has a disconnected symbol o_O but insists on still bleeping at me :mad:

hope you can find something simple, that can equally easily be removed :)(y)
Does anything work properly on that van David?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back