Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012 but longer in my dreams
My van has an alarm and immobiliser,above the dash is a flashing light which is green when the alarm is off and flashes red when the alarm is on.There is a key fob with 2 buttons one large one small,up until now I've pressed the large one and the doors lock then indicators flash job done.Recently upon pressing the large button doors lock followed by a succession of beeps before the alarm goes off ,on the odd ocasion all goes as it should the alarm goes off for no apparent reason like at 5 this morning.
Now I'm guessing its some sort of fault and just locked doors for now.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Sure sounds like a fault. Could be one of the sensors is not working. Strikebacks emit 4 beeps if something is wrong when you are setting it. Do you know what make the alarm is? If there is no name, describe the alarm fob, that might give us a clue.:thumb:

OP
OP
Vlad The Impaler

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012 but longer in my dreams
Hi Jim it's a sigma s 30

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Mine does that if something isn't closed when you set the alarm. Have you checked the lockers? Could be something with one of the sensors.

dna

Jan 17, 2010
Llandudno
Funster No
MH
AT Tribute 680 pvc
Exp
since 2009
Dodgy Battery?

We had a problem with our car where the alarm would activate for no apparent reason. This went on for a few weeks until the day the Car battery died. We had (touch wood) no problems after replacing the battery.

Mar 29, 2011
Rugby UK
Funster No
MH
C Class RS
Exp
I had the same problem and I found the door catch on the on drivers side door pillar had become slightly loose and was not holding the door tight enough to fully compress the cab light switch, a mechanic friend of mine looked it and told me the alarm was faulty !! all I did was tighten the catch on the door upright, job done.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

freelanderuk

Free Member
Sep 24, 2009
Saltfleet/Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
the alarm on my car would go of at different times for no apparent reason, had the dealers check it out and no fault could be found or did it go of while with them, i then found the problem , it was the seat belt not fully retracting when leaving the car, i would set the alarm , the seat belt would decide to retract later on and the internal sensor would set the alarm of :Smile:

spannermanwigan

Free Member
May 22, 2008
wigan, lancs
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 1973
When mine gives a problem its always the door sensor on the habitation
door, fitted in a silly position on the door trim which allows it to move slightly
causing intermitent fault on alarm.

Hope this helps steve:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back