Alarm Immobiliser system any recommendations

Discussion in 'Motorhome Security' started by John & Liz, Aug 29, 2014.

1. John & Liz

John & Liz Funster

We have a Rollerteam motorhome on a Ford Transit cab 2002.
    We want to fit an alarm and immobiliser Thatcham 1, could anyone recommend a company in the South East that could fit one for me.
    I have googled and phoned a number of companys but not over confident with their response
    Any assistance greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    John

2. kkclassic

kkclassic

Only one place to go Eddie Vanbitz a member on here. They have a system designed for motorhomes and you will also get a Funster discount. http://www.vanbitz.com/

The other bonus is you get to stay on the campsite next to the workshop one of the best I have stayed on. You can visit Taunton whilst they are fitting your alarm.

Kevin and Tricia

• Like Like x 1
  3. Inthezone

Inthezone Read Only Funster

Where are you based, the company that fitted our thatcham cat 1 alarm (with certificate) came to our property to install the kit complete with double zones, all exterall doors and hatches, twin (very loud) internal sirens, movement sensors.
    all linked to tracking system as well at a very good price, with full backup if we have issues.

pm me and i can give you details

• Like Like x 1
  4. eddievanbitz

eddievanbitz Trader - Funster

You have a Ford factory fitted Thatcham CatII immobiliser on a 2002 chassis. You should be looking for a system that "upgrades" your existing, Ford Cat II system to an full alarm/immobiliser combination, which would then qualify for a Cat1 status.

Also don't accept any system that uses wireless sensors or accessories as that will take it out of Thatcham compliance (as there are no wireless sensors approved by Thatcham) due to the very simple way that there defeated from outside the motorhome (which is why they're not approved

Eddie

5. DuxDeluxe

DuxDeluxe Funster Life Member

Found out the very hard way half an hour ago that my strikeback system works......One Jack Russell sneaked in there to have a snooze. Woke up and thus inadvertently gave the system a test. Lucky the dog is nearly deaf.........

Moral of the story - check for the number of dogs legs and divide by four before locking the van up!!

Would not choose any other system and well worth the trip to Taunton to get it fitted

• Like Like x 2
  6. webby1

webby1 Funster

Remember when getting it fitted to ask for some prominent flashing LEDs................otherwise you draw the blinds and no one actually knows it is alarmed..................until they force the door open.

• Like Like x 2
  7. John & Liz

John & Liz Funster

Thanks for all your help & advice, have tried to pm inthezone with no luck, must be me, please could I ask you to pm me.
    Many thanks
    John

8. mta

mta Read Only Funster

Another vote for Vanbitz. They fitted mine (Growler system) a couple of months ago and can't fault them, didn't realise how bright LED's can be esp when placed in rear lamp. They were a pleasure to do business with, would thoroughly recommend them. I travelled about 130 miles and stayed overnight free at their campsite.

• Like Like x 2
  9. NickNic

NickNic Funster Life Member

Vanbitz for me too. I had a Growler fitted and also a tracker, solar panels and Gaslow. Great job and great campsite.

• Like Like x 1