Free Member
Jul 12, 2012
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Burstner A class 3 berth
Exp
since 2004 caravans before that
John needs help please. Our van alarm is going off a few times night and day. We don't think it is a resident fly as we have sprayed the interior. We've even checked for mouse droppings. Has anyone else had the same problem?

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
You might get some appropriate information from Broken Link Removed of a couple of days ago.

Hopefully it won't mean the expense of a new alarm as it did for us a few years ago.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We had a problem on a previous motorhome and it turned out to be the fuse for the alarm that wasn't being held 'tight' in the holder so the contact wasn't great and the alarm therefore thought it was being tampered with occasionally!

If you can find the fuse holder(s) - probably somewhere under the bonnet or under the dash inside - try pushing the fuse well in and taping it in place and see if that sorts it out, it did with ours! If you have trouble locating the holder try looking for it at night with a torch as it will 'glint' when the torch goes anywhere near it - that's how I found mine after spending hours looking for it as it was hidden behind some other wiring under the lower centre part of the dash.:RollEyes:

motorhomer

Free Member
May 17, 2008
South Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2005 (but 30 years caravanning)
Most alarms have a light somewhere - usually on the dash - that flashes a code that identifies what set it off. The meaning of the code should be in the instruction book. You can then check that sensor.

I had this problem and in my case it was the bonnet sensor, which was a little loose. 2 minute job to fix it once I knew what is was.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back