Alarm going off

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by june123, Jul 31, 2013.

1. june123

june123 Read Only Funster

John needs help please. Our van alarm is going off a few times night and day. We don't think it is a resident fly as we have sprayed the interior. We've even checked for mouse droppings. Has anyone else had the same problem?

2. Hayleylulu

Hayleylulu

Have you looked for a goest :Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

3. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

You might get some appropriate information from This Thread of a couple of days ago.

Hopefully it won't mean the expense of a new alarm as it did for us a few years ago.

4. Minxy Girl

Minxy Girl Funster Life Member

We had a problem on a previous motorhome and it turned out to be the fuse for the alarm that wasn't being held 'tight' in the holder so the contact wasn't great and the alarm therefore thought it was being tampered with occasionally!

If you can find the fuse holder(s) - probably somewhere under the bonnet or under the dash inside - try pushing the fuse well in and taping it in place and see if that sorts it out, it did with ours! If you have trouble locating the holder try looking for it at night with a torch as it will 'glint' when the torch goes anywhere near it - that's how I found mine after spending hours looking for it as it was hidden behind some other wiring under the lower centre part of the dash.:RollEyes:

5. motorhomer

motorhomer Read Only Funster

Most alarms have a light somewhere - usually on the dash - that flashes a code that identifies what set it off. The meaning of the code should be in the instruction book. You can then check that sensor.

I had this problem and in my case it was the bonnet sensor, which was a little loose. 2 minute job to fix it once I knew what is was.