Alan Rogers Campsite Guide

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by PhilandMena, Nov 22, 2010.

1. PhilandMena

PhilandMena Funster

Hi , has anyone used the Alan Rogers Campsite Guide for Europe! is it worth the money, i'm considering staying at a good camp-site on the Spanish coast

2. wivvy's dad

wivvy's dad Read Only Funster

Sorry, last used it about 10+ years ago. Seem to recall it was as much use as a chocolate fireguard at that time

3. peter marshall

peter marshall

Hi we have used it in Spain and France seems a good book for the money. Also look at the ACSI book at vicarious books well worth it and a discount card , Pete:thumb:

4. Sundowners

Sundowners Funster Life Member

We travelled with one through France/Spain/Portugal a few years ago-----------for us it was a total waste of money---------Might suit you though,
    IMHO you will get better advice on this forum--------plus MHF must know every campsite in Europe:thumb::thumb::thumb:
    Nigel

5. sedge

sedge Funster

I am not sure these days but yonks back, every site was inspected every year. If he said there are 3 toilet blocks each with 8 toilets, but only 19 have seats - that's what you got! LOL

When you say a good campsite - what do you mean? Everyone to their own - some want a waterpark for the kids, or a choice of bars or a dog walking and toilettage facilities. We want it on a sandy naturist beach with a good coffee shop and an exceedingly cheap but Michelin starred restaurant. Others would probably like something different - even karaoke or bingo ......

:Rofl1:

6. PhilandMena

PhilandMena Funster

Thanks all, you have saved me some more money. I have tried the Aires book (OK) and the ACSI DVD (good) and off course recommendations from this and other sites.