LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
Just back from a few days in Matlock, This was parked up at the bottom of the site. I didn't know Airstream made RVs, couldn't get a look inside unfortunatly. Thought it may be of interest.

Attachments

• airstream2.jpg
    airstream2.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 107
  • airstream.jpg
    airstream.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 109

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
saw a similar one in France a couple of years back.

Truly an amazing bit of kit, before all the RV knockers come on, Its Beautiful and I bet it takes a lot of care and attention.

Thanks for the photo, but next time could you ask yourself in for some interior snaps, :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
they are lovely, I was parked next to a smaller version at Oswestry in 2010, takes some dedication to keep that shiney metallic exterior

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Look at the size of that camera on the back:ROFLMAO:

looks like a BBC outside broadcast from the 60's::bigsmile:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
There was one on ebay a few months back @45k and a stripped out one for 15k also a small GYPSY version for around 8k
terry
edit I posted a link and the verdict was 95% loved it

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
I've seen a few Airstream RVs on my travels, parked close to one last year at Chester CC site but never saw one in 3 years touring the states. Saw hundreds of Airstream caravan/ travel trailers but all the Airstream Rvs I've seen have been in the UK :whatthe::whatthe: I think they're beautiful:thumb::thumb:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
There is one that lives just up the road from me, owned and lovingly maintained by the local comercial vehicle dismantler. A few years back we were looking for an exlibrary or similar vehicle to convert. This led us to his yard, about a mile up a dirt track. Although he had nothing that suited what we wanted, he made a point of showing us around his airstream pride and joy. He reckoned that it was a labour of love and far beyond the reasonable cash value of the vehicle that he had spent on it. Apparently the one he has with a tapered tail can be traced all the way from the factory and is one of just a couple of thid model left worldwide. Best part though is he still uses it as intended and attends various airstream rallies

The one thing that would put me off is polishing all that metal and keeping it clean

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back