LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Could some one enlighten me on "Aires" towing a trailer,, is it frowned upon to pull up on an aire with a trailer or dont the powers to be mind?
I must add it would be quite a large trailer with a car + bike.

Thanks.

evans88

Free Member
Jul 8, 2008
South Devon
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
I 've seen trailers on Aires but I don't think there is a real answer. It would be frowned upon if the Aire was busy and your trailer was depriving someone else of a space but if the Aire was emptyish as many are in the off peak season then there can be no problem.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Mo the only one I remember seeing was an RV with car on trailer at Calais docks Aires. Many of the aires being arranged for " Camping Cars" would be restricted for space per unit.
The other thing is that with such a good network of sites in close proximity to town and village centres in France and other European countries a Toad is not always necessary

Larry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi Mo

I agree with the previous posts, I've towed a large trailer with the RV and used aires, much depends on the size of aire and how busy it is.. off season you shouldn't have too much trouble.. some aires will be totally hopeless others no problem .. just play it by ear, the ones on my Google map will for the most part be fine..

Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
We have stopped on plenty of Aires with a trailer. Always get in early and adopt a low a profile as possible. Sometimes we have detached the trailer and tucked it away when we have been partially blocking a pitch or lane. But mostly get lined up for an early straight drive out. Never had a problem, but like Jim, its rare that we are using aires in the height of the season. In summer on major routes/popular areas you can't swing a cat, let alone reverse a trailer with 20 smiling people looking on::bigsmile:

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Thankyou gentlemen,, census of opinion seems, yes ok but use my loaf,,

It will be out of season, Nov - April/May.

Cheers.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
this time of year by the coast be lucky if you find a space anyway. after sep i have used lots of aires even with my 5er never been asked to move or told not to stay .i think its only when its really busy anybody cares . spent a month once inroscoff with a french couple who lived on the aire they had a trailer. also caravans used it with no probs. come on its france not uk . its only rules they are for breaking as a frenchman told me.alan.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back