Aires South of France

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by scousebird, May 17, 2012.

1. scousebird

scousebird Funster

Just booked time off in September and thinking of heading towards the Med.

Any recommended Aires or municipal sites down there?

2. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

3. bungy

bungy Funster

Le Lavandou right down on the med, about 7euros a night for parking only, but there is leccy if you want to risk your life with the 10-1 electrical socket overload and cascade mechanisms favored at numerous aires:Eeek:

it gets quite busy but your not packed in door to door - its nose to tail on a terraced area(if you catch my drift), nice little town 2 mins walk away and a lovely beach, september is mostly the M'Hmers down there, everyone else has gone home:BigGrin:

Attached Files:

4. CarolynandMike

CarolynandMike Read Only Funster

These are ones we've been to and liked in the western part of the med: Carro, Salin de Giraud (free) and Saint Maries - both these are in the Camargue. Depends what you want. Sandy beaches are available near Carro and Saint Maries, especially if you have bikes/other transport. All good places for nature lovers.

Carolyn

• Like Like x 1
  5. magicsurfbus

magicsurfbus Funster

Keep 'em coming folks - we're heading that way for August (no danger of crowds eh?) and would like some recommendations too.

We've seen one at Carcassonne which we'll be trying, and would like to find one within cycling distance of the Pont du Gard - any offers?

6. Livingthedream

Livingthedream Read Only Funster

On your way down, aim for the aire at Fontaine De-Vaucluse, in Provence (an area of outstanding natural beauty). The aire is by the river, has toilets, water and empty point and the historic village is walking distance, less than half mile. You can swim in the river to cool down. You enter for free and pay 3 euros when you exit the barrier even if you stay a day, a week, a month etc. Very popular aire, we stayed 5 days as there is so much to do in surrounding area. Lovely restaurants in the village. Check the photos on google earth and you will see what I mean. Also stopped for 2 weeks on the aire at Leucate. 7 euros a night and you're entitled to use the adjacent site municipal amenities, including three shower blocks with 8 showers in each. Nice spot. Others include aire at Narbonne Plage, aire at Argeles Sur Mer, Banyuls Ser Mer, Collioure near the Spanish border. Depending which way you're headed, near La Capte you can stay adjecent the beach for as long as you like for free. We stayed a week here, there is water and toilet on the beach 1 minute walk. Le Lavandou, Aire at Plage De Papillon at Ramatuelle is a must if you're in the St Tropez area 7 euros a night in August. There's hundreds of places some free, some a few euros. Enjoy!!

7. yodeli

yodeli Funster Life Member

Hi All!

Anyone going down south via Toulouse is welcome at home..... just remember I'll be in Portugal at least the 3 first weeks of August. I will let you know the exact dates when I know more myself , just PM me if interested

Safe journey to one and all

Amicalement

Frankie:BigGrin::Wink:

8. maggio

maggio Read Only Funster

Le Lavandou is a lovely tourist town. As such the thieves are very active in this area. My car, along with a few others, was broken into whilst parked up for less than 30minutes in the car park outside the campsite:Angry: