Aires resource in English online

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by Chockswahay, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Chockswahay

Chockswahay Funster

• Like Like x 4
  2. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

No doubt some of the entries are useful (perhaps more so overseas) but I've just looked at some UK areas I know and the accuracy of entries is questionable. So, perhaps best used as an index for further research.

3. Chockswahay

Chockswahay Funster

I was implying that these links might be useful when abroad, in the UK you would use English ones but many of the French or other sites are often NOT in English

Don't shoot me :Eek!:

4. JeanLuc

JeanLuc Funster

We found Campercontact useful during a recent visit to the Netherlands. In fact we arrived at it via the NKC website (recommended by a Dutch motorhomer) and downloaded the inked campercontact POI files for the Garmin.
    The only trouble I have now is that the Garmin holds CC-Infos, Campercontact and Bord Atlas POI sets and often they all list the same camperstop - a veritable forest of tiny icons on the screen!

5. chaser

chaser Funster

Originaly someone else's post on here but I have found the park4night app excelent , hundreds of aires, comments off people that have been, all the details plus if you have navfree or maybe other satnavs it integrates and automatically puts your route up, even from uk, honestly haven't found anything anywhere near it in detail. Must admit I haven't used it in action but hoping to next month:BigGrin:
    Ps it works on iPad and android

6. tomm2

tomm2 Read Only Funster

Thanks for those links, they look useful to try . Will have a go at downloading on to our GPS ( not garmin or tom tom ) , using POI edit

7. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

Sorry, I wasn't trying to shoot you :BigGrin:

I was trying to differentiate between the UK and overseas and made a mess of it, obviously :BigGrin:

8. canopus

canopus Funster Life Member

We stayed at the place on the picture on the front page of campercontact.nl a few weeks ago. Its at Strepy-Thieu in Belgium and close to the spectacular boat lifts. I was told about the pitch by a friend. There were other motor homers predominantly Dutch and Belgian. It was free and we stayed two nights. :thumb:

Subsequently discovered the camper contact website on our return, and have dowloaded the app. Hope to check out some of the locations on our forthcoming trip to the Netherlands. :Smile:

9. Chockswahay

Chockswahay Funster

No probs Graham, I didn't really make it clear either (aint getting older a wonderful thing:Blush:)

Cheers :BigGrin:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Dave and Ginny

Dave and Ginny Funster

Great!

Had a quick look at a couple of Aires we stayed at earlier this year and I would say an accurate account of them. I may well add a couple of my own later. All available resources very welcomed! Thanks for posting :thumb:

Dave