Aires in or around La Rochelle (1 Viewer)

Sep 29, 2012
Wakefield
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Hi everyone we are on our first trip to France can anyone recommend an aire in or around La Rochelle and has anyone used Rue Des Jars ? From the map it looks like an aire at a retail park
Gail and Karen

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Greetings,

I'm going to have to go to Specsavers.

I read this thread as "Aires, in or around Rochdale" :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Probably because I've just been on the BCSManchester website:Doh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
We stayed at the park and ride Aire in La Rochelle a couple of years back, it cost about €10 a night this also included free bus travel to town and free water taxi across the harbour I. Town. I'm sure other discounts could be used can't remember what though.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
There is an aire actually at La Rochelle, I understand the price includes free bus tickets into La Rochelle itself. We've never been there, but have been to the one at Aitre. There is a huge hypermarche on the main road, then you just go towards the coast, and the aire is just before the beach!

Kite-surfing beach.

brynric

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2009
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Pilote G600
Exp
Last year we stayed at Angoulins for a night. It was pretty busy wiith limited facilities in March but free.
We cycled into La Rochelle where we found lots of MHs camped on the new marina, I'm not sure what their official status was.

Mar 18, 2012
Loch Lomond Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
Last year we stayed at Angoulins for a night. It was pretty busy wiith limited facilities in March but free.
We cycled into La Rochelle where we found lots of MHs camped on the new marina, I'm not sure what their official status was.

I stayed there in April on the way back from Spain, there is a huge car park at the new marina with very few cars on it, but a few motorhomes overnighting, but if you follow the road around the marina, there actually is a free aire for 30 + units ( marked area's ),usually full !, but others, including me parked adjacent, which is normal car parking, but seems to be accepted as " overflow " from the aire,
Nice spot . . . .marina on one side of the road, beach on the other, plenty of eateries etc,

:thumb: :drink::drink:

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
In La Rochelle: Avenue Jean Moulin Park & Relais (Ride), for 10.50 Euros you get a return bus ticket to the town centre for up to 6 people and free access to their service point (including water top up). I'm led to believe you can't enter the parking area on a Sunday but can leave.

On arrival you take a ticket at the barrier, park up with the other MHs (grassy area, loads of space), then go to the reception booth with your registration number (numero de matriculation in French) which I usually write on a bit of paper, and pay for however many nights stay you want. You'll be given your bus ticket, and your entry ticket will be marked to get you out the exit barrier when you leave.

There used to be a bit of overnight noise there from the nearby station's platform announcements but that seems to have been toned down - we use it a lot and were there in April.

Further afield there are a number of aires on the Ile de Re (16 Euro Toll on the bridge) including Rivedoux-Plage, Saint Martin de Re (also a municipal camping next to the aire), Bois Plage en Re (one free aire and another opposite attached to a campsite), Saint Clement des Baleines and another small one right up at the far tip of the island who's name escapes me.

OP
OP
gailsunnymeed
Sep 29, 2012
Wakefield
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Good tip on the marina aire lovely quiet night lots of MH's great views we took the bus de mar (with the dogs) into La Rochelle enjoying the day
Gail and Karen

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 17

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread