Free Member
Oct 6, 2008
North Devon
Funster No
MH
C
Exp
Since 2005
Off soon to France, can anyone recommend a book with all the airs listed etc that may be of help

SteveG

Free Member
Dec 22, 2014
NW England
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
All the aires 2015. Google vicarious books you can get them from there. One for N and one for S. We leave on Sunday

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I don't think uou will ever find a guide with them all in. Found one today, not in any of my guides, mind you it looked fairly new. On the n88 between le puy and millau, about 6 places, individual hard standing. It was full by 1pm though. Too visible from the main road.

FJmike

Free Member
Jul 17, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
over ten years
We always use Campingcar magazines Aires book, extremely comprehensive, far more aires than any english guides and being written in french its not too difficult to understand. Available for most newsagents in France. We also us the Campingcar infos POI on our tomtom which covers most of the newest aires.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
About the only POI I've seen that has most of the aires is "Archies". That's probably because he makes up his lists from every other resource.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
My choices.

Best site and phone app.. Campercontact Link Removed
download the POIs free.. make pdf lists and buy the phone app for about £4.50.. full map download and it works off line

Most comprehensive book: Aires De Service Camping-car .. buy in France or from Amazon http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/2358390399/?tag=mhf04-21

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I particularly like this app because it has reviews from users
I've been using it on this trip and found it very useful but you have to check the listed facilities and look at the reviews. Even though most are not in English you can tell by the score what they thought of it and taking into account the date of the review make up your own mind. For example, we were considering an aire graded 6 or something, then when I looked at the reviews the only two from 2015 were scored a 1 and a 2. The earlier reviews were sevens and eights. Clearly something had changed and I was disinclined to find out what so we went somewhere else.

Facilties vary - some of them are just car parks with maybe a waste bin.

One, in the middle of nowhere, had the wrong coordinates, which I've told them about as sending feedback from within the app is very easy. I've sent several reviews and new pictures.

Search for NKC in the play stores to find it.

LAM

Apr 23, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 Welcome
Exp
Began with the purchase of our first, ever MH in 2014
Spent a penultimate night at gravelines aire last week (absolutely packed !) and whilst sat enjoying the sunset over the harbour our Belgium neighbour, who had guests visiting, returned from her van carrying a large, see through, plastic container. The first thing she pulled from it was an ACSI 2015 book, then a large map. Clearly this was her travelling library :whatthe::whatthe: I'm going to need to buy a new van, the current one isn't big enough to house this amount of info :roflmto:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
My choices.

download the POIs free.. make pdf lists and buy the phone app for about £4.50.. full map download and it works off line

Most comprehensive book: Aires De Service Camping-car .. buy in France or from Amazon http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/2358390399/?tag=mhf04-21
Totally agree with this posting, the camper contact POIs are very good indeed and you won't get a better book than the "Guide-Officiel Aires ..."

The Vicarious Books 'All the Aires' book, despite it's name does NOT have all the aries in it!!!

MotorhomersRus

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 17, 2010
Barnoldswick
Funster No
MH
Carthago E Line
Exp
My choices.

Hi can you use this app on more than 1 iphone/ iPad once you've bought it ?

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
I've been using it on this trip and found it very useful but you have to check the listed facilities and look at the reviews. Even though most are not in English you can tell by the score what they thought of it and taking into account the date of the review make up your own mind. For example, we were considering an aire graded 6 or something, then when I looked at the reviews the only two from 2015 were scored a 1 and a 2. The earlier reviews were sevens and eights. Clearly something had changed and I was disinclined to find out what so we went somewhere else.

Facilties vary - some of them are just car parks with maybe a waste bin.

One, in the middle of nowhere, had the wrong coordinates, which I've told them about as sending feedback from within the app is very easy. I've sent several reviews and new pictures.

Search for NKC in the play stores to find it.

You certainly do! After a 10 hr drive from beni. Arrived at one so called camperstop to find a car park with height barriers. Pushed on through somport tunnel and stayed in a lovely french aire...

You can download all the POI you need and load onto a GPS... Cost nothing.

madgeD

Free Member
Aug 17, 2014
Cleveland
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
since 2005
I downloaded CamperContact app on to my iPad as TheJudge recommended it , it looks as if it will be a good back up to All The Aires book, we will find out next week!

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Hi can you use this app on more than 1 iphone/ iPad once you've bought it ?
I think you might struggle on a 'phone unless it has a decent size screen. It is perfectly usable with a 7" screen, anything less than say 5" might be a problem - but happy to hear from anyone' s experience.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
I downloaded CamperContact app on to my iPad as TheJudge recommended it , it looks as if it will be a good back up to All The Aires book, we will find out next week!
Did you upgrade to the paid version?
The free one only has a handful of sites

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
If you have an android device go to playstore and search for France aires, there will be one with a green sign with a white camping car on it , it is £1.99 or something like that, if you download that it has all the nearest aires to where you actually are, and will take you to them with whatever mapping ap you have on your device, brilliant.

madgeD

Free Member
Aug 17, 2014
Cleveland
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
since 2005
Did you upgrade to the paid version?
The free one only has a handful of sites
Yes I did its £4.49 and looks well worth it, hundreds of sites, and it can be used off line apparently, I've kept a few to favourites which is handy, we're making for Brittany first it looks as if we will be spoilt for choice.

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979

Yes I did its £4.49 and looks well worth it, hundreds of sites, and it can be used off line apparently, I've kept a few to favourites which is handy, we're making for Brittany first it looks as if we will be spoilt for choice.

Hi madgeD, let us know how you get on in brittany next week, and any recommendations of aires /places to see , as we are off there in september. We will be much obliged !!

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
You can only use it offline if you've downloaded the free offline maps for the specific countries you're interested in. Also if you have an iPad and can browse the web version of the site you can read all the reviews in English,whereas the app only has them in the original writers language
I think it's s great app - the only one I use now for Europe. We also use French Passion, and Britstops books and Caravan Club.
Just wished the Caravan Club had a similar app, especially as membership is so expensive.

madgeD

Free Member
Aug 17, 2014
Cleveland
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
since 2005
Ill try to remember to take notes Fidget ;) no good relying on my memory these days!! I have feeling it could be a fast wiz through though as O.H isn't a fan of France and would rather be in Holland and Germany :rolleyes: I have a feeling he is just going to keep me quiet Ive been wanting to go into Brittany the last four years!! but I bet you can guess where we have been ??

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back