Free Member
Oct 9, 2015
Worcestershire and Brittany
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Just starting
Is there an official policy on towed trailers in the continental Aires? Most of the aires we've seen so far don't look as though they've been set up to accommodate them and I haven't seen any MHs with trailers in them so I just wondered if they weren't allowed.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
if there is space, in my experience no problem..

just use common sense and when busy, don't use up another bay .. park it behind you...

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Only place I have ever had to worry is Gravelines.. But as we were there in March it was all but empty so we parked along the bays and never had any one say a thing..
Every where else we have been has had plenty of room to park as normal

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
We have used Aires with the Smart on the trailer. Where possible we parked the car on the car park and tucked the trailer on our pitch. We have found a lot of Aires have parking for other vehicles nearby if not attached.

We do most of our continental touring now in Winter/Spring so would find space not a problem

After that trip we decided that in future we would leave the car and trailer in the UK. We have so far not needed to have a car with us as we can get most places and park in the motorhome.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
You see quite a few trailers on Aires. The German's, French, Dutch et al all like to drag their toys around in them. Mopeds/surfboards/massive sat dishes/ bikes/ small cars/tomato plants etc. Plan to arrive early and you'll probably be fine (y)

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
At the moment at Totana there is no problem with trailers and no charge. If they are unhitched and put in a separate place in the future the charging may be reviewed.

(We have recently had Norwegian motorhomers here with the Motorhome straddling two pitches, their trailer on another and their table and chairs on a third. Because there were few motorhomers here we didn't say anything but when they started to put on an awning we drew the line). All this for €7 a night!!!

(For "we" read us and the Spanish owners in consultation!)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back