Aires and Trailers

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by mustaphapint, Nov 16, 2015.

1. mustaphapint

mustaphapint Funster

Is there an official policy on towed trailers in the continental Aires? Most of the aires we've seen so far don't look as though they've been set up to accommodate them and I haven't seen any MHs with trailers in them so I just wondered if they weren't allowed.

• Like Like x 2
  2. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

if there is space, in my experience no problem..

just use common sense and when busy, don't use up another bay .. park it behind you...

• Like Like x 2
  3. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

Only place I have ever had to worry is Gravelines.. But as we were there in March it was all but empty so we parked along the bays and never had any one say a thing..
    Every where else we have been has had plenty of room to park as normal

• Like Like x 2
  4. John & Joan

John & Joan Funster

We have used Aires with the Smart on the trailer. Where possible we parked the car on the car park and tucked the trailer on our pitch. We have found a lot of Aires have parking for other vehicles nearby if not attached.

We do most of our continental touring now in Winter/Spring so would find space not a problem

After that trip we decided that in future we would leave the car and trailer in the UK. We have so far not needed to have a car with us as we can get most places and park in the motorhome.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Jim

Jim Ringleader

You see quite a few trailers on Aires. The German's, French, Dutch et al all like to drag their toys around in them. Mopeds/surfboards/massive sat dishes/ bikes/ small cars/tomato plants etc. Plan to arrive early and you'll probably be fine (y)

• Like Like x 1
  6. jumartoo

jumartoo Funster

At the moment at Totana there is no problem with trailers and no charge. If they are unhitched and put in a separate place in the future the charging may be reviewed.

(We have recently had Norwegian motorhomers here with the Motorhome straddling two pitches, their trailer on another and their table and chairs on a third. Because there were few motorhomers here we didn't say anything but when they started to put on an awning we drew the line). All this for €7 a night!!!

(For "we" read us and the Spanish owners in consultation!)