Free Member
Nov 7, 2013
east yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chausson flash
Exp
since 2012
Oh wingman how I so agree, we thought that last year we would go through the tunnel, not done that before, and meander through France then Spain and on to Portugal. Armed with all the aires concerned we set off. What a fiasco, Steve ended up just driving all the way to Spain, only stopping for dogs to pee. Three months later we came home the usual Santander route. So if tickets Are transferable the return ticket expires in January if anyone wants it, no good to us.

MrsM

Free Member
Sep 8, 2013
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Coachbuilt
Exp
Not so new at motorhoming now, but still learning!
Worth downloading the "motorhome parkings" app & maps then it works without wi fi or 3G.
Used I used It a lot on our recent trip to France/Belgium/Germany(Mosel Valley).
Thanks Jay, but have you got a link you can share as can't seem to find anything via tinternet!

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
Broken Link Removed
Website is campercontact but app loads as motorhome parkings.

Thanks Jay, but have you got a link you can share as can't seem to find anything via tinternet!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wyaye wires

Free Member
Sep 13, 2009
Berwickshire
Funster No
MH
A class Neisman Bischoff
Exp
since July 2009
First time abroad with MoHo earlier this year. We left Eyemouth at 07.45 on the Sunday and at 17.00 on the Monday we arrived at Parc Verger.
The idea to stay at Aires was a good one but failed to allow for the paranoid fears of our driver, (I admit it, it was me.) who saw the Devil behind every Aire sign and just kept on motoring.
However, on the way back home we took the plunge, (actually I couldn't take the beatings anymore and reluctantly stopped.) we stayed on Aires of differing quality but we, I really mean I , were pleasantly surprised.

We did experience the door to door crowding on one Aire, however, the noise was from a pair of English vans who racked up late in the day, got lubricated and rent the peace and quiet with foul mouthed rants against the opposing team and the referee during a Man Utd game on telly.
The continentals were all very pleasant and not wanting revenge for Crecy, Azincourt, Waterloo or whatever...

When we head back later this year then the paranoid schizophrenic driver will be slightly less edgy than the first time, we hope...

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
no surprise there, the reason I keep away from GB plates on aires.. rather park up between two Frenchies..

mind you, the Spanish take some beating when it comes to partying ... they go at it all night :eek:

Regular occurrence and embarrassing when your Dutch 'neighbours' ask why we Brits always have to drink to oblivion?(n)

Wyaye wires

Free Member
Sep 13, 2009
Berwickshire
Funster No
MH
A class Neisman Bischoff
Exp
since July 2009
I don't mind the partying so much Jim, it's the unrestricted use of Anglo Saxon nouns for female parts at the top of their voices that offend me...

And I'm an ex squaddie and prison officer...

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I don't mind the partying so much Jim, it's the unrestricted use of Anglo Saxon nouns for female parts at the top of their voices that offend me...

doesn't offend me, but not nice, especially when you have kids, and when it deprives me of sleep.. that's a bridge too far

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988

As a former member of the 42nd Foot you were never a mere 'squaddie'!(y)

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
You're being very generous... :sneaky::whistle::whistle::whistle:

Lets really get this off the subject...........(wish Toots was here, he's a perfectionist when it comes to derailing threads!) Served with many true 'jocks', you know what I served in and between 50 and 60 percent were 'jocks' too. What the fec# are we going to do if it's YES?

Wyaye wires

Free Member
Sep 13, 2009
Berwickshire
Funster No
MH
A class Neisman Bischoff
Exp
since July 2009
I know, I really loved bulling just for the sake of bulling...

Mind you being on the other side was fun when I was in the Prison Service...

Power, so much power...

themogs

Free Member
Oct 23, 2012
Wales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Not Long Enough.
The last one we stayed on was on the banks of a river by the sea with mountain views and surrounded by vineyards with old men in stripey shirts wearing berets bringing us free onions and garlic and wine from the vineyard. The local Marie came out and greeted us and paid us for gracing his village with our presence.
Sorry - can't remember where it was;)
IT'S US BLOODY WELSH AGAIN:party2:..... This place sounds idyllic: must have been a nice dream:imoutahere:Were you pissed again:moon2:

Roryboys Dad

Free Member
Mar 19, 2012
Glapwell Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote Reference P716 LPR
Exp
A typical French onion seller ........

French 5.jpg

MrsM

Free Member
Sep 8, 2013
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Coachbuilt
Exp
Not so new at motorhoming now, but still learning!
Broken Link Removed
Website is campercontact but app loads as motorhome parkings.
Cheers Jay. Didn't really want to spend £22 on something that is going to be out of date in a couple of months. Also we will be only spending around a week going through France so not enough time to justify the current aires book.

The staff at Vicarious said the new one is out end of November and will be vastly different so I look forward to putting my order in for the return journey! :)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
The staff at Vicarious said the new one is out end of November and will be vastly different so I look forward to putting my order in for the return journey! :)

Just my opinion.. but if you want the best and most comprehensive French Aires book, buy one in France ,

There are a few.. I recommend .. Aires de Service Camping-Car .. from any French book shop or pick up a copy when you stock up in France at a big supermarket..

Yes, in French but it's easy to learn the few French words required to read an entry..

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
I have to agree. The French ones seem to have more up to date info about their own aires so have more listed than the English one, especially further south.

Wyn

Just my opinion.. but if you want the best and most comprehensive French Aires book, buy one in France ,

There are a few.. I recommend .. Aires de Service Camping-Car .. from any French book shop or pick up a copy when you stock up in France at a big supermarket..

Yes, in French but it's easy to learn the few French words required to read an entry..

Aug 19, 2012
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Concord
Exp
Since 2009
The last one we stayed on was on the banks of a river by the sea with mountain views and surrounded by vineyards with old men in stripey shirts wearing berets bringing us free onions and garlic and wine from the vineyard. The local Marie came out and greeted us and paid us for gracing his village with our presence.
Sorry - can't remember where it was;)

Dave you are a lieing git ... just Share now or I will get Jackie to deal with you ! Cheers Rob !!

Sixbows

Free Member
Aug 10, 2014
Funster No
MH
Overcab bed
Exp
I agree that aires do tend to differ greatly in quality, price, setting and ease of payment systems (if there is one). This is probably down to the fact that they are controlled and maintained, and paid for by the local commune. As a rule of thumb if anyone is struggling to find an aire in a chosen town, just stop at any local commerce and ask, 9 times out of 10 you will be pointed in the right direction.
We found after having to spend 40 euros on an awful campsite after being disappointed by an aire that the internet is your friend for reviews and points of view.
But when paying 8 euros a night for a sea view next to great beach in August you can't expect the earth and can move on the next morning if it doesn't suit. But isn't that the beauty of owning a motorhome.;)
Sally

Mar 11, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2010
Cheers Jay. Didn't really want to spend £22 on something that is going to be out of date in a couple of months. Also we will be only spending around a week going through France so not enough time to justify the current aires book.

MrsM - try downloading park4night - the free version. It's currently my favourite for locating places to stay, and a lot of them have reviews. Just don't try searching over a really large area as I find it takes ages to load all the stops up and then it is a it glitchy when swapping between the individual sites and overall map. Zoom in to see what's in a smaller area and it works fine.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back