Aire at San Lucar (1 Viewer)

Jan 16, 2016
Armadale
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Oct 2015
does anyone know if the free town aire across from the beach is still open. Have heard reports that it was closed earlier this year. Thanks

May 19, 2014
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Fleurette Migrateur
Exp
They closed it last year when we were there which was for the fair, but the police gave us instruction to go to the next beach which was just down the road, so if it's closed they might be using that beach.
Whiskeymac

Jul 18, 2010
Bournemouth and Gibraltar
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2003
Spanish Aires website says that it is temporarily closed. Spoke with other motorhomers who say that the new mayor is anti-motorhomes and has closed it to all. Was also told that police are clamping down on sleeping over in motorhomers parked roadside, anywhere within his jurisdiction.

Real bummer that as it was always a firm favourite of ours. Will keep updated and advise if any developments.

(It was only a matter of time before the locals got fed up with the blatant camping behaviour that was prevalent there. During my stay there last Feb, the police also had to come around a couple of times to sort nonsenses between different nationalities. I'm sure that they won't be too sad to see us go too!!)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
That's a real shame, we've stayed there a couple of times - had to move once for the horse fair. It's always been pretty full so I think the mayor is being a bit short-sighted as it must have contributed quite a lot to local businesses. Agree, though, that there were always the inconsiderate wallies, trying to squeeze themselves into the end nearest the river and creating problems. We always parked at the other end - quieter and closer to the, somewhat basic, facilities.

Be nice if someone could confirm though.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back