Aire at le Guilvinec, Brittany? (1 Viewer)

Jan 9, 2013
Newbury
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2000
I'm researching options for our circular tour of Brittany which starts next week, and came across this website:

http://www.aire-service-camping-car-panoramique.fr/

Has anyone else used it? I usually use the excellent "All The Aires" book. The alternative website lists an aire near the port at le Guilvinec, SW of Quimper, which looks really good - has anyone else used it? It's not listed in All The Aires.

Any other recommendations welcome......

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
We've not used Guilvinec, but we've stopped overnight at nearby St Guenole which is basically a MH parking area without services but it's close to the coast path and within walking distance of the town/port.

Other aires we've used in southern Brittany include Concarneau, Carnac, and the free one at Port Blanc on the Quiberon peninsula - all fine.

If you're doing a circular tour, don't miss the Pink Granite Coast - there's a very good aire at Tregastel-Plage which is convenient for everything, especially if you have bikes. The Ile Renote is lovely on a sunny day.

You can see some pics in the second link below:

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2010
Newport, Gwent
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2002(previously 25 years caravaning
What an interesting site, looked at Aires that we have stayed on and it is very accurate, will certainly use it on our way back from Spain May/June - thanks for the information:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi, We went to brittany last year but due to vehicle breakdown ,we only had 10 days from dunkirk , well worth a visit is Fougeres aire(free) & castle,right outside the castle, another we liked was Campeneac (west of Rennes)free lakeside but toilets unusable, Brambells aire 5euro's right on the coast just outside of Piriac sur mer opposite beach ,french and belgiums collect moules and other molluscs.
We didnt like aires at Quiberon and Damgan very very large and full of french staying several weeks ( all packed in like sardines) but nice drive around coast de savage on quiberon.
:sin: Terry:sin:

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi, If you are up at the rose granite coast area , we visited the Ile de Brehat lovely little island no vehicles allowed very pleasant day walking round it, just north of Paimpol , when we were there ,there was a free aire just to the west of the little ferry.

OP
OP
Roxie
Jan 9, 2013
Newbury
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2000
Hi, If you are up at the rose granite coast area , we visited the Ile de Brehat lovely little island no vehicles allowed very pleasant day walking round it, just north of Paimpol , when we were there ,there was a free aire just to the west of the little ferry.

Thanks Terry - that area is definitely on our itinerary - so have added your recommendation!

:thumb:

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
We didnt like aires at Quiberon..

I don't know if that includes the free one at 47.523642,-3.146441 in Google Maps, but it's within walking distance of one of the few sandy beaches on Quiberon, and we cycled the length of the peninsula from there, without being fitness fanatics either.

Thumbs up to Fougeres as well - we've used that a few times as our first stop after arriving in Calais. There's two aires in the town, but the one by the chateau is the more pleasant of the two. I seem to recall there's a decent-sized supermarket there which we've used for the first proper food and drink shop of the trip.

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi , the aire I mentioned on Quiberon is along the coast road ,very large and next door to the local sewage works . not sure of charges
QUIBERON

ADDRESS: RUE DE PORT KERNE, OFF D186A
TEL: 02 97 50 22 52 FAX:
EMAIL: quiberon@quiberon.com
TYPE OF AIRE: MUNICIPAL

FACILITIES: WATER /GREY DRAIN/ BLACK DRAIN / ELECTRIC

PRICES/ RATES:
PARKING: SERVICES:

OPENING TIMES: APRIL- OCT
GPS COORDS: N47.4923 W03.13965
DIRECTIONS: Exit N165 onto D768 to QUIBERON & then take D186A SOUTH along the COTE SAUVAGE. The AIRE is LEFT off this road (signed KERNE) -- 3km before QUIBERON.
SITE DESCRIPTION: The Aire is sited in a large tarmac & gravel car park, 100m from the sea, but not close to any shops/ town, etc. There is also little shade here. Main disadvantage of the Aire is the proximity of the town sewage works which can give possible smells, depending on the wind direction. A quiet location with an Artisanal borne. Nice spot to visit the Cote Sauvage.
REVIEW
2007 This place is handy as a stopping place if you want to visit the beach, but not recommended as a night stop. The site suffers from smells from a nearby sewage works. Nice views of the Coast.
Broken Link Removed

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
I'm researching options for our circular tour of Brittany which starts next week, and came across this website:

I hope I`m not going to look stupid asking a numpty question, but why are there large areas of France with no site listed ? Is there a filter / option my school boy French didn`t see.
On that topic, is there a translation button to English or a I going to have to dust off my O`level French book. (PS I failed)

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979

I hope I`m not going to look stupid asking a numpty question, but why are there large areas of France with no site listed ? Is there a filter / option my school boy French didn`t see.
On that topic, is there a translation button to English or a I going to have to dust off my O`level French book. (PS I failed)

Hi Chris, I do'nt think the site has been going all that long about 12 month I think , they started with Brittany, then worked down the west coast, then across the med coast, hopefully they will get around to central France eventually.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back