Aire 1-2 Hours South Calais/Eurotunnel? (1 Viewer)

Bridie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2010
Bonnie Dundee
Funster No
MH
Campervan
Exp
Since July 2013
We're new to aires, but not to travelling having had a wee Eriba caravan till earlier this year.

Arriving Eurotunnel terminal Calais at 18:00 French time on a Tuesday evening (10th Sept).

Would like to get a bit south down the coast for first stop. Was hoping to make it to Le Treport (been there before and like the town), but looking for recommendations between terminal and Le Treport if time is short.

Do aires fill up by this sort of time at this time of year? If really stuck can always go back to municipal campsite in Le Treport, but want to "do" an aire if possible.

Travelling down through France, then northern Spain, Portugal, back into Spain, . . . . . ??

Brightspark

Free Member
Dec 27, 2010
Ashbourne, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
June 2010
Its worth investing in 'ALL THE AIRES - FRANCE' from www.vicariousbooks.co.uk the latest 4th edition has a map with it so you can plot your route around the aires that take your fancy. When I ordered mine it was here within a few days so plenty of time before you leave on the 10th Sept.

Mar 13, 2010
Funster No
if you have an iPad try using campsites hd works very well only about two pound:roflmto:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
We we on the Aire at le Treport last week, quite busy but still spaces, and it was still holiday season.

About 30 minutes further north closer to Calais is the Aire at Le Crotoy (easy 90 mins from Calais), it was rammed last week, must have been 70 or 80 vans there and many who could not find a space, but in September I'm sure it will be a bit quieter.

::bigsmile:

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2012
Worcester
Funster No
MH
RMB Concorde
Exp
Since 2010
if its a travelling stop then Aire de Baie de Somme on A16 is a nice safe autoroute stop an hour from Calais.

Steve101uk

Free Member
Jun 6, 2012
EUROPEAN UNION
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740 C
Exp
since 2007 caravan before that
we stopped at Le Crotoy, about an hour or so from the tunnel. Choice of peage or D road for the journey. lots of restaurants, town very close.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
I can second Le Crotoy, nice town and 2 aires to choose from. Quend is my favourite followed by Fort Mahon. They are all in the same area and an easy stretch from Calais. We stopped at Cayeaux sur Mer a couple of weeks ago. Not too bad but there is a campsite over the road and the night we stopped, there was the loudest most out of tune karaoke session going on a few yards away.
Allan

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
if its a travelling stop then Aire de Baie de Somme on A16 is a nice safe autoroute stop an hour from Calais.

Another vote for Baie de Somme - an excellent stopover! :thumb:

Mike

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back