Free Member
Nov 18, 2007
Liverpool
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 year....Love it!
I am thinking of taking out my roof aircon unit and replacing it with a turbo-vent.
Need to know:

1 is the hole from an eletorlux A/C the same size as turbo-vent?

2 how much work is there in doing this?

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Hi Patrick

Don't think you should have to much of a problem, as I think that they both fit into a 40x40 hole, and if you already have 12 volt wiring to the a/c unit, or if not wiring that could be used it may need some re-routing to get wire to side of hole.

I have not fitted one personally but had one fitted to previous van and from memory they took approx 2 hours including running wiring from floor up wall and through the ceiling.

We have one fitted to current van, came with it and we have been very pleased with it when hot as it provides an airflow throughout the van on extract, taking hot air out through the roof and does not need to be running too fast, so is not as noisy as some a/c units I have heard.

Dave :thumb::thumb:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Hi

If the aircon unit is working I would advise leaving it in an as it adds value to the van where as a turbo vents attraction is minimal in comparison.

I have turbo vents in stock if you want one but consider the above.

Peter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Patrick I agree with JCM- Peter so if you take it out then store it to refit come sale time.You will already have wiring in place whether it be 240 v or 12v so it will be easy to rewire.The turbo vents make a hell of a noise on high speed but suck your hair off as you pass :ROFLMAO:Not too bad on slow or medium speed ::bigsmile:I have one in my garage that I intended to fit in this van but dropped on a 900 mm heiki instead :thumb:
terry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back