LIFE MEMBER
Jun 18, 2011
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Life Member
:thumb: can anyone help me with air suspension what it is and basic cost and is there a person near Birmingham who can fit it :thumb:

Thanks

Dave

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
It is a system of rubber air bags fitted to your rear suspension which is adjustable with compressed air to assist your existing suspension in order to avoid the m/h rolling on bends and roundabouts and generally more stable.

There are systems where you have to put the air in with a foot pump or compressor and there are systems like the one we have fitted which has it's own on board compessor which is far more convenient and can be operated from the driving seat while on the move.

The other and main reason I have it fitted is to raise the back of the m/h to clear road humps and similar obstacles.

Our system was fitted by AS AirSuspension at Warrington who I am more than happy to recommend. This is the second m/h we have had AS AirSuspension and have been more than pleased with their knowledge and service along with their friendly attitude and after sales.

Cheers, Brian

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Spenders

Free Member
Jan 19, 2013
Tadcaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2013
It is a system of rubber air bags fitted to your rear suspension which is adjustable with compressed air to assist your existing suspension in order to avoid the m/h rolling on bends and roundabouts and generally more stable.

There are systems where you have to put the air in with a foot pump or compressor and there are systems like the one we have fitted which has it's own on board compessor which is far more convenient and can be operated from the driving seat while on the move.

The other and main reason I have it fitted is to raise the back of the m/h to clear road humps and similar obstacles.

Our system was fitted by AS AirSuspension at Warrington who I am more than happy to recommend. This is the second m/h we have had AS AirSuspension and have been more than pleased with their knowledge and service along with their friendly attitude and after sales.

Cheers, Brian

If Brian hadn't said this I would have. I am another very satisfied AS Air Suspension customer.

It's cheaper to book it at a show if you can get to one and see them on their stand... they are very friendly and knowledgeable and will be able to talk you through the options. They have a website you can Google if you wanna look at pictures.

Simon

M

Madwife

Deleted User
We have booked our new MH into AS as used them before and very satisfied with the service and product. The air suspension makes a big difference particularly on motorways/ when there are strong side winds.

Kath and Howie

OP
OP
toledo

toledo

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 18, 2011
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Life Member
air suspensi

:thumb: Hi brian. Can you give any idea how much I would be paying for the air suspension to be fitted and do they fit them at shows:thumb:

Apr 28, 2013
Alentejo,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since the '80,s
Toledo,when I bought my new to me van,I was not aware it had basic air suspension fitted on the rear.I feel the seller did not know either because it wasn't mentioned.
However I think it is brilliant,basic system with normal tyre type valves bolted onto the wheel arches,not difficult to inflate,cheap compressor from Maplins , 5 mtr cigarette lighter lead and hey presto,inflate to suit your requirements!
Scooter on the rack,more pressure,working underneath the same,running light,reduce pressure.Over time the pressure reduces but no problem to adjust.
If you are good at DIY or the spanners,not too difficult to fit,of course you can pay more for an inboard system where you just inflate or deflate from the cab.
Which ever system you choose I am sure you will not regret it.:wine:

Aug 19, 2012
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Concord
Exp
Since 2009
Hi All -
I have Firestone Ride Rite air assist suspension on my van and it seems to be more planted on the road that my previous van. Highly recommended. Cheers Rob

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
:thumb: Hi brian. Can you give any idea how much I would be paying for the air suspension to be fitted and do they fit them at shows:thumb:

Hi Toledo, I know AS don't fit at shows and I personally would not want it done at a show, I feel much happier having work like that done in proper workshop surroundings.

The price varies with different chassis, some are available for DIY fitting and others are not.

Give them a call, you will speak with Cathy or Phil who will give you all the info you require without any pressure to purchase.

www.as-airsuspension.co.uk
01925 740666 / 07874 046643

Cheers, Brian

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I'm almost sure they do some fitting at shows now, but a call to Phil will confirm this. The AS system is excellent, we had a it fitted because we tow a heavy trailer and it works really well. No matter how heavy we are going down the road, we look and handle like were empty:Smile:

4matt

Free Member
Jan 15, 2013
East Riding
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I'm a newbie in my second year.
We have this on our van too, and we were wondering why you would have it. So thanks for the info posted here.:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back