Free Member
Jun 30, 2009
Thetford, Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
9 years
Can anyone give me some advice please. I have a 1999 Elddis Autostratus on an ALKO chassis and want to fit air suspension, would appreciate any information regarding makes, prices etc. Am hoping to get it done within the next 3 weeks as going away in it!
Many thanks
Ron

billy

Free Member
Jan 10, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
since 2009
Can anyone give me some advice please. I have a 1999 Elddis Autostratus on an ALKO chassis and want to fit air suspension, would appreciate any information regarding makes, prices etc. Am hoping to get it done within the next 3 weeks as going away in it!
Many thanks
Ron

Hi Ron

Have a look at this website

www.as-airsuspension.co.uk

Gonewiththewind

Free Member
Sep 13, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
Exp
July 2007
Had mine fitted 2 years ago at the Stratford Show. They do all the shows, are a very nice couple. I think it was about £350 including fitting and took about an hour.
Fantastic.:thumb:

Don

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
I also can recommend AS I have used them twice and have had great service each time.

I also think that Gone With the Wind must have had air suspension fitted to a normal fiat chassis, as the ALKO version is about £950 and they only fit at there base in Warrington.

lunarman

charlie24

Free Member
Feb 13, 2009
Maryburgh, Ross shire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
1 year
Another big endorsement for Phil and Kath at AS. First class product, service and follow up. Al Ko chassis certainly a bit more expensive but well worth it. Transforms your van.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 21, 2008
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Symbol
Exp
Van Conversion
airride

we had the airride fitted at Peterborough, and upon our return home, we got in touch with SVtech, emailed the form back to them along with details of log book etc, and the weight has been upgraded (log book still in post as we are away at the moment). we think that airide is absolutley wonderfull, can't praise it enough, on the fiat chassis it cost £550 fitted, but think it is a bit more on a alko chassis. Alan

OP
OP
RonnieJ

RonnieJ

Free Member
Jun 30, 2009
Thetford, Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
9 years
Thanks everyone for your advice and information regarding your opinions of air suspension which has been very helpful.
Will be making lots of phone calls tomorrow to try and get something sorted out before a trip to the Isle of Wight in just under 3 weeks time!:ROFLMAO:

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
You'll won't regret it Guys.

It transforms the way your rig handles...

Whatever decision you make...It's Brill..

smifee

Free Member
Jun 18, 2008
chandler's ford
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Another vote for AS.

I had a driverite system fitted and it wasn't up to the job. Had it replaced with the AS system which is much stronger.

Earlier this year I gave is a 5200 mile test. A lot of those miles over some pretty poor roads and it was great.

OP
OP
RonnieJ

RonnieJ

Free Member
Jun 30, 2009
Thetford, Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
9 years
I did contact AS but they dont do a kit for a 1999 alko chassis with drum brakes on the rear.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
there are several companies that offer suspension on air .there isnt only air suspension. its abit like a hoover .is it hoover or vacum cleanerreomo did offer a kit formost campers and came with a tuv certificate . it also allowed increases in gvw with a load capacity certificate. could still be part no 46627 i believe.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back