Free Member
Mar 28, 2015
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey autograph
Exp
I'm a newbie
We have a new Bailey motorhome and are very pleased with it indeed. It handles very good for a motorhome, but will air suspension make it even better? Some one has told us it will because his does, but he has an older van 07.
Look forward to any opinions.

musson

Free Member
Dec 25, 2013
grantham
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
since Jan 2014
I ask this question seemed to come back with it helps what ever age I am going to fit when weather better
cost for rear kit with 2 gauges on ebay around £280 MH 2011 ducato chassis

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
Do you have any specific issues with the ride? If not, why spend money on unnecessary toys just because someone else them?
Sadly it's a trap we all fall into at some time or another (me included)
I did have air assist fitted to my last Van which had a Mercedes Sprinter base and which rolled around horribly on bends and uneven surfaces. Current van is Fiat based with Alko chassis so I feel no need to fit it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Earlier vans, maybe even up to 2007 had a van / narrow chassis.. That meant the body was a lot wider and gave excess roll.
So fitting air suspension made a big difference, i had a 2005 van and found it better the moment i drove it around first corner..

Later they bought out the wider motorhome chassis and my 2012 van seems a lot better and without suspension. I want to fit it to raise the back end but dont feel any need to add it for the ride quality.. Done almost 30,000 on all sorts of roads and I am happy with the standard chassis.. The bailey I think has a lower Alko chassis so in theory should be better than mine.

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
Depends on which chassis is fitted.

If you have a Alko chassis I am told you don't need it.

If you have a Fiat Ducato 3650kg.
Ours is 2012 and it transformed the way the vehicle drives. No more white knuckle journeys along windy motorways waiting for the next lorry to pass us.
Ride hugely improved and without doubt the best money we have ever spent on the motorhome.
I would definitely recommend it. (y)

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I ask this question seemed to come back with it helps what ever age I am going to fit when weather better
cost for rear kit with 2 gauges on ebay around £280 MH 2011 ducato chassis
Bailey's are on an Al-Ko so for a Dunlop system looking at £1500 that is just for the kit.
Unless you have a load problem with the rear axle you shouldn't need it, the Al-ko chassis generally ride superbly.

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2013
Rochester
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
5years Motorhome. 25yr tugger
I have fitted Dunlop air suspension to my Bailey Autograph 740. I did it mainly to uprate the gross weight and to raise the rear because we carry a scooter on the back. Haven't noticed much difference in the handling but the tow bar doesn't hit the ground now

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Yes ours was fitted by previous owner to get weight up to 3800kgs. but I do like it. I can alter the rear ride height to stop it looking tail heavy.

sparky

Free Member
Feb 19, 2008
bingley yorkshire
Funster No
MH
a class burstner aviano i
Exp
30 years
Hi I fitted mine on a alko chasis on a burstner a class because the tow bar grounded a lot. Because of the low chassis

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back